Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

2.4 Ghz transimitter

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 03:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.4 Ghz transimitter

whats the diffrence between these transmitters and the ragular ones? what are the ups and downs?
Old 10-01-2009, 06:12 PM

Default RE: 2.4 Ghz transimitter

2.4 system pros
1)no need to check if someone else is sharing your channel
2)less prone to glitching from electrical noise
3)whatever else I forgot and someone else points out
2.4 system cons
1)Strictly line of sight connectivity ...
2)see #3 above

Steve
Old 10-01-2009, 09:07 PM

Shorter antenna
No crystals required
Old 10-01-2009, 09:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine only needs 4 "AA" batts........................
Old 10-02-2009, 09:19 AM

if you're racing then 2.4 is a must, if not then keep your regular radio until it dies
Old 10-14-2009, 10:12 AM

Down below HELP
Old 10-14-2009, 10:13 AM

I got a 2.4 Ghz for my truck and there still is a glitch. Its justt he throttle like sticks until the reciever blinks showing that the fail safe is kickin in and then it finally goes down. Anyone know why this could be happening
Old 10-14-2009, 10:20 AM

ORIGINAL: ZachM54

I got a 2.4 Ghz for my truck and there still is a glitch. Its justt he throttle like sticks until the reciever blinks showing that the fail safe is kickin in and then it finally goes down. Anyone know why this could be happening

Make sure you have no metal rods rubbing one another, or anything binding. Free movement from end-point to end-point is essential to prevent things from binding. What you describe is not a trait attributed to only 2.4gHz radios. All mechanical linkages must have free movement and NOT be rubbing.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:36 AM

ORIGINAL: cobra26

ORIGINAL: ZachM54

Make sure you have no metal rods rubbing one another, or anything binding. Free movement from end-point to end-point is essential to prevent things from binding. What you describe is not a trait attributed to only 2.4gHz radios. All mechanical linkages must have free movement and NOT be rubbing.
umm no , like the first post said its line of site, if the ant is blocked by any metal when its away from you it will lose signal , if there is another transmitter stronger than yours it will lose signal . like the tower rx with the internal ant .. which is great and all but if is blocked by anything it will failsafe till its not blocked anymore . your best bet with those type of recievers is to mount them as high as possible , shock toweranywhere its higher than anything that can block the reciever from the transmitter.
Old 10-14-2009, 01:43 PM

Ya i think i got it figured out. My RX was just bad. I got new batteries to try and the thing wouldnt even turn on or bind. So i think it worked properly for like 5 minutes, cuz when i first installed it everything was fine i was slammin the throttle doin cookies and things like that no glitches of any kind then eventually started glitchin. Now wont even turn on so im pretty sure thats what it was. But ya it is a tactic and it has the internal antenna