Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

rc10gt rear battery holder

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 11:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rc10gt rear battery holder

Hey guys, Is there anyway to move this stupid rear battery pack holder and put it so its under the body and secured to my chassis??

Nothing's more annoying than racing along, hit a jump(or bump for that matter) and then all of a sudden see the tape, or zip tie you had fall off then all you get is the battery pack trailing til it breaks apart at the plug, or worse..breaks.

any tips guy??? anyone who has got rid of this thing and found elsewhere for their batteries?

thanks

Brad

(As stated in title, car is RC10GT)
Old 03-19-2010, 07:19 PM
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: rc10gt rear battery holder

ORIGINAL: bradley.jewell

Hey guys, Is there anyway to move this stupid rear battery pack holder and put it so its under the body and secured to my chassis??

Nothing's more annoying than racing along, hit a jump(or bump for that matter) and then all of a sudden see the tape, or zip tie you had fall off then all you get is the battery pack trailing til it breaks apart at the plug, or worse..breaks.

any tips guy??? anyone who has got rid of this thing and found elsewhere for their batteries?

thanks

Brad

(As stated in title, car is RC10GT)
I moved mine to the front of the car to help distribute weight to keep the front end down. I also didn't like having to route the wire around the engine to get to the receiver. it just works much better on the front, and helps the car handle better. If you use a 5 cell hump pack it will fit perfectly between the shocks. I also moved the switch to the front shock tower. I have the battery attatched with zip ties.

Old 03-19-2010, 09:37 PM

Thank you greatly for your reply.

I'm going to do a bit more research on exactly where I can put it.

Thanks again.

Brad
Old 03-19-2010, 10:32 PM
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No problem.
I have also seen it mounted on top of the receiver, on top of the steering servo. You could use a stick pack and mount it beside the fuel tank too.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:28 AM

I have the 5 cell reciever pack installed with the 2 cels on the bottom and the 3 on top, double zip tied in and it has never come out, even with the hardest landings. It also helps if you use good high quality zip ties.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:59 PM

Thanks guys.

After I get a new pull start mailed to me I'll be ready to rock !

In other news, just picked up an SC18 yesterday, things a riot!