Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

JConcepts Slash 4x4 Overtray Body

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 12:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JConcepts Slash 4x4 Overtray Body

Has anybody used this overtray on their Slash 4x4? It would make cleanup soooooooo much easier if it worked, but I worry it would cause overheating problems since it restricts airflow so much. Anybody use these or know someone who has?

Old 04-10-2010, 09:24 PM
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: JConcepts Slash 4x4 Overtray Body

My friend runs it on his 4x4 PE and he loves it. It definitely helps keep it cleaner and it looks pretty cool too. I have a clear top tray for my 2WD Slash and I love it for the sheer fact that it makes cleaning it after racing a breeze. I'd recommend getting it. You won't be disappointed.

FYI - I actually cut slots in mine in order to allow more air flow to pass and the way I did it and the places I put them really helps keep the ESC/Motor cool according to the temp gun.
Old 04-11-2010, 12:41 AM

I'm definitely thinking about getting one b/c I hate cleaning up the inside after I run my truck. So much debris gets in there while driving these Slash's. Where exactly did you cut your slots at? Do you have a fan?
Old 04-12-2010, 05:27 AM
My Feedback: (10)

Yes, I will get you a pic once I get back home. I'm on mini-vacation.
Old 04-12-2010, 12:17 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Kalani938

Has anybody used this overtray on their Slash 4x4? It would make cleanup soooooooo much easier if it worked, but I worry it would cause overheating problems since it restricts airflow so much. Anybody use these or know someone who has?

We first started using "overtrays" way back in the day when we first started running 1/10th scale trucks, when the track was particularly muddy.
Back then we used buggy bodies, basically the same concept, that attached snugly to the truck's tub to keep out the wet stuff so as to save the electronics.
The upside was that it kept the crap out of the tub but the downside was that it restricted airflow to the batteries and electronics, so we used them sparingly as heat isn't good for the electronics.
That would be my advice now, if conditions are particularly wet muddy and knarly run the overtray, but for ordinary everyday use not to use them. No sense in prematurely wearing out your electronics or helping them burn up just because you're too lazy to do some routine cleaning and maintenance.