Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
DIGITAL & ANALOG SERVOS! whats the difference? >

DIGITAL & ANALOG SERVOS! whats the difference?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

DIGITAL & ANALOG SERVOS! whats the difference?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2003, 05:51 AM
My Feedback: (-3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DIGITAL & ANALOG SERVOS! whats the difference?

like the topic reads! whats the difference bewtween DIGITAL & ANALOG SERVOS. whats the advantage of having of having a DIGITAL instead of a ANALOG SERVO. could i do more with a DIGITAL SERVO. can i do other things with it from my remote! LMK
Old 08-27-2003, 02:17 PM

Default DIGITAL & ANALOG SERVOS! whats the difference?

Digital servos are better in holding power (torque), centering, most gives you better response time, and gives you the option to program failsafe points. Thing to note on the holding power and torque. Torque specs is for turning the wheel/object. Holding power is the torque to hold the wheel/object in a static position. Example is if you are running and going into a hairpin turn. The initial turning of the wheel is torque. The wheel being in one position to make the hairpin turn is the holding power.

The newer radios do take advantage of the circuitry of the digital servos. Futaba 3PK HRS can only use digital servos.
Old 09-23-2003, 08:08 PM

Default RE: DIGITAL & ANALOG SERVOS! whats the difference?

I found this.

http://www.natew.com/rcheli/frame_ma.../html.PCMvsPPM

I am new to RC and am curious, but how does being digital make it stronger? Does it send signals more faster/efficiently than standard analog setups?
Old 09-24-2003, 11:59 AM

Default RE: DIGITAL & ANALOG SERVOS! whats the difference?

The link is a good source but seems to ignore digital servos. The way it holds power is in the IC within the servo. To my understanding, it is a multiplier IC and will probably convert the voltage to a bit higher than what was sent. It will also hold it in position until it receives another signal. The IC also is programmable through an optional servo programmer unit. You can set the end and center points, dead bands, speed, and failsafe zone.