Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
unsure about modern radio gear, help please >

unsure about modern radio gear, help please

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

unsure about modern radio gear, help please

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2017, 07:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default unsure about modern radio gear, help please

i have recently got back into r/c cars and want to take the next step in technology from 27mhz over to 2.4ghz, but im having trouble finding a 3-4 channel stick transmitter that has throttle left and steering right and 1 or 2 switches or dial for the extra channels and 10 model memory.

i seen a couple of pistol type transmitters with 3 channels, but i dont know how compatible they are (eg. not sure which recievers can be used)

im also not sure what the "fhss" "fasst" "sfhss" is, it that just the signal encoding??

i hope someone can help me modernise, as i really want to build myself a nice police intercepter (with lights and sound)
Old 02-18-2017, 11:26 AM

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

There are plenty of 4 channel 2.4GHz pistol grip radios out on the market that could possibly fill your needs. I've watched quite a few videos. The one I think that stuck out the most, and for a person finding out and understanding frequency hopping...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoRU47vbRuc
Old 02-18-2017, 01:10 PM

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Without going super overboard in features that a normal person won't use (me anyway), the RadioLink RC3S 4 channel radio might have what you are looking for. I purchased mine from seller tommorwhome on eBay; located in NJ. There is a "VR" Variable-Rate Dial/Knob that is mainly intended for adjusting a gyro equipped receiver on the fly, but can also be used to operate 3rd channel servo. The RC3S transmitter also has a 4th channel momentary switch.

I personally have not begun to mess with the 3rd/4th channels. I only got the radio for the possible future use of the gyro receivers. The extra non-gyro receivers are like $12 and a package of two may cost a person $19.

If you want to go "all in" on a two stick 2.4GHz surface radio ...have a look at the Futaba 4GRS radio system. And then you always have the option of using a dual stick aircraft 2.4GHz radio system . Lots of options.
Old 06-10-2021, 12:33 AM

Try dumborc. yes that's the name. 6 channels pistol grip.
Old 11-07-2022, 08:28 PM

If you want stick, the $380 4GRS is pretty much the only option currently sold new.

If you’re okay with pistol grip (most are, but I hate them), there are tons of options.