Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Help me choose a radio!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2003, 10:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me choose a radio!

I have an am radio that came with my HPI RS4. I have been racing at my club track for about a year. I have been looking at a KO PROPO Ex-1 Mars-R and the JR XS3. Which one would you choose and why. If not one of these tell me which one you would buy.

Thank you for any input!!!
Old 11-26-2003, 06:31 AM

Default RE: Help me choose a radio!

I will prefer and choose XS3 because it has more functions and it's lighter.
Old 12-01-2003, 06:25 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Have you considered the Hitec Lynx 3D (with spectra module and xxtra receiver)? Ultimate Hobbies has it for $189. Thats cheaper than the JR and the 3D has more funcions. It doesn't come with servos though.
Old 12-01-2003, 09:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can't go wrong with the XS3. Has more features than most people will ever use, comes with 2 great servos and you'll never have to worry about channel matching again.
Old 12-15-2003, 08:54 PM
My Feedback: (6)

If you want something nice & FM, but not spend all your dough try an Airtronics MX-3.

I got mine for 125.00 and it came with the transmitter, 2 high tq. servos, reciever, servo parts, & a battery holder with inline switch. You can get it cheaper with just the transmitter or transmitter and reciever, but why not have some extra parts for a couple bucks more. It's all digital & can hold up to 5 different vehicle memory. Digital is nice because you don't have to worry about accidentally moving the little knobs (unless you hit a switch when it's on) when its off and put away, it tells you how much juice is left in you battery and comes with a bunch of options for your transmitter. And it is FM so a little better reception. I hope this sheds some light on things.

Oz[8D]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56186.gif
Views:	14
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	82601  
Old 01-01-2004, 05:29 PM

so, have you had any glitches with the MX-3?? I would like one of these for my buggy and t maxx
Old 01-01-2004, 11:47 PM

the Futaba 3PM-FS is a good radio and it's synthesized so you don't have to worry about crystals. and it's good price at $218.00 it's 3 channesls and comes with a high torque servo.