Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

reciever packs

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2004, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reciever packs

just got a tc3 with a futaba p3k pcm style. but what should i get for battery packs 4.8 or 6 volt. is it just price that should make the decision for me or doed voltage really matter.
Old 01-25-2004, 10:50 AM
Banned
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: reciever packs

Go to walmart and pick up 1800 nimh AA or 2000 nimh AA batteries you will need to get a 4 pack or buy a additonal 2 pack to make a 5 cell 6 volt. Pack will cost you $9-12 you will need (or if you have a extra one ) to get a conector to add to the battery. The capacity and voltage do matter.
Old 02-02-2004, 12:13 PM

mbbaj2001, good advise,

I'm putting together 5 uniross AA 1.2v, 2300 mah batteries

it seems like a good idea to me,
I'm hoping this setup will do better than a regular Pack Rx 6v 1100 NiMH, for eg, ( that costs a lot more)

am I right?

any disadvantages?
Old 02-02-2004, 07:57 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Voltage matters if performance matters, you make the choice. At 6 volts your servos will perform a lot different in comparison to 4.8 volts. That is why servo ratings show performance numbers for torque and speed at 4.8 and at 6.0.
6.0 will push more torque and more speed.

Find out what servos you have and then check the ratings on the manuf. website.

Grab a pack that is already made and save yourself the hassle and risk. Single cells are good for the transmitter though if you have a tray.

Dbow
Old 02-02-2004, 08:02 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Home made packs can work just fine if they are put together correctly. A decent soldering gun, battery tabs, and some solder will do the trick. You also have to be fairly handy with the soldering gun, so as not to torch the cells.
A connecter for your rcvr will also be needed.

You could toss the cells into the battery holder but usually they only hold 4 cells, so now you are back at 4.8 volts.

Seems easier to me just to buy a good pack.

Dbow