Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

how old is old?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 10:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how old is old?

I am getting into RC once again. I have some older Futaba transmitters laying around. Last I remember they worked fine. One of them is even 25 plus years old. The others 10 to 15. How outdated are these controllers? I understand they do not have all the bells and whistles of newer models. Would a bottom of the line newer model perform better? I am not broke. It will just be more fun dumping money into my brand-new RC 10 truck. Thank you in advance for any assistance you have to offer.
Old 03-19-2004, 04:52 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: how old is old?

A bottom of the line newer model will probably not offer more features, but with the price of a mid grade FM system like the MX3, 3PDF, and XR3I, there is no reason not to own one. Think of it like this, would you want to drive your brand new Caddilac Escalade with a drivers seat from a 1983 Oldmobile Omega with a broken column shift and an AM radio or would you prefer the nice new Caddy interior to match the rest? There is really no sense in dumping 800 bucks into a really nice stadium truck on to never get the full potential out of it and risk a runaway and detroying things due to a very old and featurless radio.