Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

RC10T2 Glitching

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2005, 02:18 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC10T2 Glitching

Recently I began restoring an old RC10T2, but I am stuck with one major problem. I'm getting severe and intermittent glitching, ONLY when the steering servo is plugged into the receiver. This is the setup:

Tx: Futaba 2PH AM
Rx: Futaba R122JE AM
Servo: Futaba S3003
Speed Control: Novak SS5800 brushless system

Originally it would glitch just sitting on the workbench. I tried different radios, receivers, speed controls, motors, servos. Any combination in this chassis causes a problem and I just don't understand it. As a last effort, I wrapped the servo in aluminum foil. This seemed to help. It would glitch less often and or when it got about 75 feet away. Then it started acting up again, so I wrapped the receiver too. Worked a little better again. Yesterday it would only glitch at 75 feet, today while it's right in front of me. Oh and I also tried driving to a different area to rule that out, and my other cars work fine here also and they all use almost the same gear (Futaba AM radios and receivers). Any ideas?

Here are some pictures to show how it's laid out:

Old 09-18-2005, 06:17 PM

Default RE: RC10T2 Glitching

Well, I figured out the workbench glitching. the speed control and servo wires cross right infront of where the + and - wires come out of the battery pack. Apparently they don't like this and it was causing a problem. It seems the battery in general is a problem because if the speed control and servo wires aren't run in an exact way, they cause problems. Also I still have the 75 ft range problem. I'm about ready to just give up on this thing.
Old 09-18-2005, 07:26 PM

Solution: But an fm radio
Old 09-18-2005, 07:35 PM

There's no reason it shouldn't work fine with an AM radio. Every other car I own works with zero problems.