Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

failsafe

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 02:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default failsafe

can some one tellme what the failsafe or safeguard is thanks
Old 04-16-2006, 03:26 PM

Default RE: failsafe

When your receiver battery pack gets below a certain voltage, it will stop the vehicle. Keeps a nitro from running away when the receiver pack is dead or loss of signal from the transmitter. I need to get one... Anyone have a better explanation than mine? and perhaps recommend a failsafe for a nitro truck? Thanks
Old 04-16-2006, 04:31 PM

I use the Duratrax failsafe and I've never had any problem with it. They have saved my cars on one than more time.
Actually I have 3 of them 1 in all my nitro cars.
Old 04-16-2006, 06:29 PM

If you don't have an receiver with built in failsafe, then get a Failsafe.

Or upgrade to a system with a built in failsafe.
Old 04-16-2006, 07:22 PM

recievers with built in failsafes do the whole voltage thing as well as sensing for signal disruption
Old 04-16-2006, 09:31 PM

I have a JR XS3 radio I use on my electrics (the tmaxx is sorta my dad's too so I never put my FM radio on it)
I have a JR "RS 300" receiver. I'll try to find out if that has a fail safe built in. Does anyone know? Thanks!
Old 04-17-2006, 05:58 PM
My Feedback: (33)

ORIGINAL: gunnut

When your receiver battery pack gets below a certain voltage, it will stop the vehicle. Keeps a nitro from running away when the receiver pack is dead or loss of signal from the transmitter. I need to get one... Anyone have a better explanation than mine? and perhaps recommend a failsafe for a nitro truck? Thanks
A fail safe does not work if the reciever pack looses power to the reciever . Fail safe only works when signal is lost from the transmitter and if the battery is starting to drop voltage .
Old 04-17-2006, 06:01 PM
My Feedback: (33)

The rs300 does not have a fail safe .
Old 04-17-2006, 08:06 PM

I got a dynamite failsafe. It's all set up and working good! Also got a venom 1200 mah RX pack.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:19 PM

For Electrics, the failsafe controls the ESC or the servo for your MSC to apply the brakes or reset to neutral position, ones it detects radio signal loss, interference and start to loose battery power. Depending on where you program it.

For Nitro, the failsafe controls the throttle servo to either apply the brakes or reset to idle once it detects radio signal loss or interference, or even power loss from the reciever pack, should your rx pack go dead in an instant. (which is unlikely) it should have activated before going completely dead. That's why a throtle return spring is always recomended to at least set your car to idle when out of range, and failsafe failed.

Depending again where you program it. Setting it to brake is best.
Old 04-21-2006, 07:06 AM

I picked up an xtm failsafe and plugged it in last night - now no power to either servo. Any suggestions? Maybe I should have read this thread before buying xtm failsafe.
Old 04-21-2006, 06:06 PM

Make sure that plug wires are in correct order, depending on what esc you have. Check both your ESC and Failsafe manual for compatability.

Example, for nitro's reciever packs there are only two wires, black & red. Make sure your polarity is correct.

For Electric, using BEc there will be three wires, black, red & white, depending on what brand the order will be different.