Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Combat
 Nimh cells or packs for Combat >

Nimh cells or packs for Combat

Community
Search
Notices
RC Combat Discuss rc combat planes, techniques and strategies here.

Nimh cells or packs for Combat

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 05:44 PM
My Feedback: (49)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nimh cells or packs for Combat

Having troubles locating suitable sized NIMH cells or assembled packs at my local hobby retailers for combat and for Q 25 sized pylon. What sized packs (cells) are most guys using and where are you getting them ? For my Q 25 pylon racers I like a 5 cell 720 ma pack from Expert Electronics. Anybody know where to get these or a equivalant ? I assume most combat flyers are using 4 or 5 cell in the 400ma-500 ma range ?

Perhaps most guys are using lipos with regulators ? If so, which regulators are good and which ones to avoid if any ?
Old 01-31-2010, 06:15 PM

Default RE: Nimh cells or packs for Combat

A combat pilot from Greenville pointed me to Radical RC when I started gathering parts for a 2548 model (which I still have not built)
http://www.radicalrc.com/shop/?shop=...3516393&cat=19
Radical RC 400mah NiMH 4-2/3 AAA Cell 4.8V
The pack weighs just over an ounce.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:16 PM

I have had good luck here. They will build your packs to order and multiple configurations, even different than listed if you need, plus you can choose your cells, plugs, and wiring as well. I have always received good packs and customer support when asking questions about charging rates and such.

http://www.cheapbatterypacks.com/?sid=1342414

I believe many combaters us Nicads still for quick charging and dependability, others are using NiMh for weight savings, and some of us are making the conversion to Lipos and UBECs to control the voltage. Most Spektrum users are using 6.0V battery packs for speed, power, and protection against brown outs. Hope this helps.

BNC
Old 01-31-2010, 07:18 PM
My Feedback: (1)

I use a 5 cell 600Mah NiMh battery. I use the ones made for the Firebird. Great battery and I usally fly 8 to 10 rounds per event day and I will do a quick charge after round 4 or 5.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:26 PM

Recently, I have been using the 4.8v 2/3AA 400 Kans from cheap batt packs .........$8 bucks and weigh 1.1 oz