Community
Search
Notices
RC Drag Racing For all you straight line enthusiasts. Discuss all aspects of rc drag racing here!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2020, 10:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie

Hello fellow racers: I'm new to rc drag racing (have other nitro rc cars, on and off road), but I've been a drag racing fan just about all my life, lol. Anyway, I'm building a RJ Speed nitro pro mod car, which is a single speed. I just wanted to get any pointers from anyone who runs/has run a single-speed car as to what gear ratios (this kit comes with a 64-tooth axle spur) to use to get the best overall acceleration and top speed. I'm gonna be using a .18 size engine with a redline of approximately 32k rpm. Thanks for any suggestions.
Old 03-06-2020, 08:17 PM

Default Need some insite. Old bolink turning into drag car

Man been looking into the rj speed cars. Bro stock or promod.. Been messing with my old bolink eliminator sport...major upgrades recent.. As follows custom 8 scales wheels and foamies on the rear xtra wide custom cut wheels to get a little more tire on the ground..OVER KILL MOTOR ESC brushless china motor esc combo.. 4300 kv 4 pole gueasing 10t to 12 t motor 60 amp esc 60 amp esc running a 2s lipo 5200 m c50 battery...gearing 60 t spur 24 pinion .unable to get it to hook up at all lol. Thinking inner tube from a peddle bike over the foam tires for some traction. Any thoughts on that..note tire width is at 2.600 inchs.2.5 tall
Old 03-14-2020, 01:12 AM

Hey welcome so seen you post man im in the same boat as you.lol went electric route brushless...running a old bolink pan car 48 pitch 64 tooth spur and. 24 pinion... Motor is a no name brand non sensored motor b3650 4300kv 4 pole 60amp and let me tell ya with setting maxxed out cant hook up at all at any speed.lol toned down setting on my transmitter.actually drivable now...
so anyway what is the pitch on the gear for the nitro jj speed cars? 32 48. Guessing 32 pitch but i could be wrong... I would say start some were around a 20 tooth and go from there maybe higher if you can find a bell gear bigger then a 20... Just note could run into the same problem i had with it not hooking up.
also note i was running mine on ashpault infront ofthe house no prep..so that has alot to do with traction. Keep me posted.
Old 04-10-2020, 07:38 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

im a long time full scale top furl and alcohol racer kinda long for the old match race days. I nearly got into 1/4 scale circle track racing but the local track had unrealistic membership and rules making outsiders unwelcome.
Ive only seen model car drag racing once but it was fun. My suggestion to making it even more fun would be to add full scale top full scale sound recording of top fuel startup and maybe timed to burnouts.