Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Drifting
 Has anybody tried Drifting with the Nitro RWD AE RC10 DS? >

Has anybody tried Drifting with the Nitro RWD AE RC10 DS?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

Has anybody tried Drifting with the Nitro RWD AE RC10 DS?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 09:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anybody tried Drifting with the Nitro RWD AE RC10 DS?

You might see this same question I posted in that other post. But anyways, has anybody tried drifting the Team Associated Nitro RC10 DS (dual sport)? As far as I know, it is one of the last RWD nitro RC onroad cars. This kit is very rare to find in hobby shops cause it is discontinued. But parts are still available. I found a NIB kit at my LHS 2 months ago and I quickly snatched it up. There was also the RWD nitro Bolink, but I forgot the model name or number that was released years ago? It was based on the 10L chassis I think. I now have the RC10DS sitting in my storage practically less than one tank of fuel ran through it. Still brand new!

If so, what set ups are you using? Dont know if I should keep it to start drifting with it or sell it to fund my offroad trucks. I have been spending alot of time and money on offroad nitro nowadays.
Old 07-21-2004, 11:21 PM
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: Has anybody tried Drifting with the Nitro RWD AE RC10 DS?

ive heard of it being rare. well since it is RWD you will have a hard time to drift unless you take some electrical tape and tape the inside of the front wheels and the center part of the rear ones. unless theres a 4WD conversion kit or so?
Old 07-22-2004, 01:25 AM

you should only need to reduce traction in the rear, not the front, thats what countersteer is for. It won't be easy, but that sounds like a good way to find out! I haven't seen a DS in a long time, should be cool.
Old 07-22-2004, 09:12 AM

I am new to drifting nitro RC's. What kind of spring set up, shock oil wt, and tuned pipe do you guys recommend? Would I need a top end or low end pipe? Also, whoever is familiar with this car, what spur and clutch bell combo should I use? Sorry for the overload of questions. It just seem like I have a good project drift car that I have that most people dont have. I just gotta learn how to drift it.

Thanks in adavance!
Old 07-22-2004, 11:15 AM

it is really hard to drift rwd because all you do is donuts[&:]
Old 07-22-2004, 06:49 PM

Yeah, I noticed with this car it does do alot of donuts, LOL! With all the 4WD onroad cars out there now, I heard this car is only good for Oval and straight line races only. Unless you really have the skillz of pro to take out a 4WD on a onroad track. If I can get a drift set up going and good driving technique down, I am definetly going to invest more time into this RWD car.