Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Drifting
 Question on charging HiMH batteries >

Question on charging HiMH batteries

Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

Question on charging HiMH batteries

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 03:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on charging HiMH batteries

Hello everyone, yay first post! Im new to RC and RC drifting (drifting a real car is too expensive), I ordered a TT-01D and hopefully will be getting it in a few days. Ive done a lot of reading and searching and even read the online manual for the charger that im getting but now Im more confused than ever on how to charge batteries. I have ordered this charger [link]http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0001P?&I=LXCLD5[/link] and these batteries [link]http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0001P?&I=LXCUH3[/link]. So I was wondering if anyone could help me out. Is there any special procedure and settings that I have to use when I first charge up the battery? Do I have to discharge the battery fully before charging them again? How do I set up the charger to get the best possible charge? Any other advice on charging batteries will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 07-06-2006, 06:48 PM

Default RE: Question on charging HiMH batteries

Read the manual, and no you don't have to discharge NiMHs after every run, just every once in a while.
Old 07-07-2006, 03:24 PM

Default RE: Question on charging HiMH batteries

Don't discharge NiMh's at all!

...if you really must, get a battery equaliser that brings the cells down to 0.7 - 0.9V per cell and even then you'll only need to use it once every 5-10 charges

Kev