Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

a FWD car

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 01:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a FWD car

ok well u know how the TT-01 is 4WD well for the back wheels couldnt u like get a dremel and sand off the tooth from the gear?? so its FWD and on ur romote u could make a little button for the back wheel brakes so wen u go around the cornor just floor it and push and hold that button and for the front tires make them rubber and for the back make it PVC.
my question is it possible to make it so the car is front wheel drive?? i did it once to my 4-spec and lol it ran alot better with drifting and can u mod ur controler and put in a button or like make it for another servo to pull the back brakes??
Old 07-15-2006, 01:17 PM

Default RE: a FWD car

is yours belt drive
Old 07-15-2006, 01:26 PM
My Feedback: (1)

that seems uh not logical. why not just remove the rear dogbones to go FWD but it would be alot more work to figure out how to get something set up for the brakes on the rear
Old 07-15-2006, 02:03 PM

Yeah like dx3 said pull the dogbones. Why would you want FWD for drifitng anyway.
Old 07-15-2006, 02:06 PM
Banned

I can See Front Wheel Drive for maybe circuit style. But when drifting if you can control a drift really REALLY Well with a 2wd, Koo. If Not Stick with the four wheel drivetrain.
Old 07-15-2006, 09:07 PM

Ya know it's pretty cool ta have a FWD car but that feeling begins ta set in for a while. But there is somethin' else , there's an American guy, he drifts an FF/FWD car and he's pretty good and if you want to drift FF/FWD RC cars then so be it.
But trust me drift a 4WD RC car , it's better. And by the pretty cool driving a FWD but I would prefer driving a 4WD or RWD RC car. Love the topic.
Old 07-15-2006, 09:33 PM

lets just say FWD wouldnt be ideal for RC drift situations.
Old 07-15-2006, 09:34 PM
Banned

matter of fact I would love for you to be the first FWD Drifter
Old 07-15-2006, 10:54 PM

well idk think bout it i seen mainly FWD cars drift in real life all they do is lock the back brakes with Ebrake and the front wheels pull
Old 07-15-2006, 11:08 PM

Um man real car drifitng is done with rwd mainly and some 4wd. It can be dont but FWD is very very difficult.
Old 07-15-2006, 11:11 PM

chea. the FWD drifters you've seen may have been ricers. i cant say for sure but it sounds like it. real FWD drifters is rare. Falken had a Civic they drifted and theres a video somewhere on the net of FWD drift
Old 07-15-2006, 11:16 PM
My Feedback: (3)

It could be made, but I have no prediction as to how it would actually function for drifting.

This is gonna sound ghetto, but... well actually I guess it is. You could seperate the driveshaft between where the motor connects to it and the rear differential, then mount a 'star' shaped 'flywheel' to the seperated part of the driveshaft and stick your 3rd channel servo to the chassis with double sided tape so that the servo arm reaches down and touches the 'flywheel' on command, which stops it from turning immediately therefor locking the rearend.

The flywheel could be made out of a spur gear with some deep slots cut in it so the servo arm would have a lot of contact surface to immediately lock it.

A traxxas 3 channel radio would work well because the 3rd channel is very convenient to operate on the fly.

I know this is probably just farting in the wind, but i'd like to see somebody try this or a better idea to accomplish the same results.
Old 07-16-2006, 12:43 AM

Why would you want just the rear end to lock up? Thats kinda like a dog dragging his butt on the carpet isnt it? Not trying to be mean. You can already lock the wheels up with the brake on the transmitter. And just use that to initeiate the slide. I mean I guess it would be like a e-break but you would need a fast servo and quick reflexes to pull it off. I mean imagine this. You hit the button to lock the wheels up, have to use the throttle and turn the wheels and countersteer all while trying to flip the switch back. Seem a little impractical to me when you can just already use that 4wd chasis and do drifts with out all the b.s.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:46 PM
Banned

all itl take is practice. PRATICE MAKES PERFECT.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:05 PM
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: em x 6 racer

Why would you want just the rear end to lock up? Thats kinda like a dog dragging his butt on the carpet isnt it? Not trying to be mean. You can already lock the wheels up with the brake on the transmitter. And just use that to initeiate the slide. I mean I guess it would be like a e-break but you would need a fast servo and quick reflexes to pull it off. I mean imagine this. You hit the button to lock the wheels up, have to use the throttle and turn the wheels and countersteer all while trying to flip the switch back. Seem a little impractical to me when you can just already use that 4wd chasis and do drifts with out all the b.s.
suppose the fwd car with my ghetto 3rd channel ebrake idea is set up with x tires up front and x tires on the back and makes it to where you can ebrake it and throw it sideways while still feeding throttle to the front wheels with a good counter steer; flipping the switch back to disengage the ebrake, assuming its a convenient switch like on the Traxxas TQ remote (as I stated earlier), would be pretty simple.

If you can flip a lightswitch as you're walking past it without stopping, you can flip the 3rd channel ebrake switch off while properly throttling and countersteering to end your drift.

In the first place, a fwd car settup for drift with proper tires up front and back could probably initiate the drift without any need for locking the rear tires, since they are probably hard plastic anyway. The driver just turns hard which slings the back end around and they 'balance' it with proper countersteer.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:09 PM
Banned

I got to agree with him,folks. Thats what im talkin bout. Good research