Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Drifting
 Where  can  I  get  an  affordable  Yokomo  drift  car  to  import  to  Barbados  W.I. >

Where can I get an affordable Yokomo drift car to import to Barbados W.I.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

Where can I get an affordable Yokomo drift car to import to Barbados W.I.

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 10:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where can I get an affordable Yokomo drift car to import to Barbados W.I.

These are the the cars I like the best , but where can I get an affordable Yokomo drift car to import to Barbados W.I. for a reasonable price.

Here're the cars I like the best: A'PEX RX-7 , TOP SECRET S15 Silvia , Kei Office S15 Silvia , Kunny'z Chaser JZX100, HKS S15 Silvia , HKS Altezza IS220-R, ORC 350Z, BLITZ ER34 Skyline , RS*R Supra & the YUKES Impreza.

Note: It's either the TOP SECRET , Kei Office or HKS S15 Silvia that I want or maybe the BLITZ ER34 Skyline , RS*R Supra or ORC 350Z.
Old 07-16-2006, 11:48 AM

Default RE: Where can I get an affordable Yokomo drift car to import to Barbados W.I.

And another thing ,it has to be at least in between $96.00 & $210.00 . Yokomo straight from California cost 2 much $$$$ , so I need somplace within Brooklyn ,New Jersey ,Bronx or Queens[&:]. If there are any New York people on the forum, I'll be glad to know.
Old 07-16-2006, 11:57 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Where can I get an affordable Yokomo drift car to import to Barbados W.I.

you realize that you just posted basically every yokomo drift kit? anyways here in the states they run for about 200 and Up. i would think that if you can find a internet store that would ship to Barbados it would be okay.
Old 07-16-2006, 12:19 PM

Thanks , I'll try looking on google.
Old 07-16-2006, 02:16 PM

Ebay
Old 07-16-2006, 02:28 PM

good luck finding the car you want in that price range
Old 07-16-2006, 06:49 PM

Thanks for that vote of confidense.
Old 07-16-2006, 06:54 PM
Banned

You just Contradicted Your Self..

an Affordable Yokomo Drift kit??

Yokomo are the Premium Drift Chassis.. They are not affordable byy 80% of most Drifters..

Why not Settle for a TT-01 with a Yokomo Shell of Your Choice as a Slightly more affordable option??
Old 07-16-2006, 06:58 PM

If your just bashing and drifting why would you need an expensive kit?? Go for an affordable reliable tamiya and slap on a yokomo body. Only spend the big bucks if your racing professionaly. Use the extra money for some good radio gear.
Old 07-16-2006, 07:37 PM

I second those options. Go for the TT01 chassis and then spend the extra dough on some good electronics.
Old 07-17-2006, 10:54 AM

Yeah. I have a Yokomo MR4TC and it was anything but AFFORDABLE. The CHEAPEST I've seen is $350 for a kit. And the site I got it from no longer carries them. Another thing about Yokomo that can be quite annoying is their parts. They're VERY part specific. Rarely can you replace their parts with other generic parts nor are they very interchangable. And I'm not talking about control arms or main chasis parts. I mean something as simple as a screw for parts of the suspension. Don't get me wrong. I love my Yokomo, but my traxxas 4tec is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more convienent. I'd say go with a TT-01 and just grab a Yok shell. There's nothing cheap about Yokomo or affordable. I mean, their bodies are even twice the price of any others. Their cheapest drift body is around 50 bux. If you want Yokomo, throw affordable and convienent out the window unless you live in Irwin, CA. Sorry.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:58 AM

I like something that is unmixed i want something that has a full kit .i don't want a Tamiya kit & a Yokomo shell. And another thing , there's a contest by Yokomo & modified.com where you can win a Yokomo drift car so i entered at least 10 times so i hope i win. ( I'm desperate )

Note: The HKS Silvia,Kei Office Silvia, TOP SECRET Silvia, BLITZ ER34 Skyline, RS*R Supra and ORC 350Z I like best
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw66969.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	493262   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47006.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	493263   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lf94430.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	493264   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uw43750.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	493265   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wj52311.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	263.8 KB
ID:	493266   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11110.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	493267  
Old 07-18-2006, 12:24 PM

too bad you just put yourself outta the competition. it says one entry per person. you should read the rules.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:13 PM

Let's get somethin' straight first : 1) I entered at least 10 times ( I entered again on Monday so it's currently 11 times). 2) You said 1 entry per person plus you added I got knocked out of the competition. 3) You also said i should've read the rules, for the record i did. & 4) My point to end it , it said 1 entry per person but regardless of entry method.
So to end it, when ever I go to enter they don't restrict me from entering so that makes me think I can enter as many times as I like.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:51 PM

Yeah. That was real DEE DEEEEEE DEEEEE!!!! Unless you have 10 different email addresses, you ain't winning that buddy.
Old 07-21-2006, 08:01 PM

Listen, I entered that contest 11 times and they haven't restricted me yet plus they said one entry per person REGARD of the email address. So I think we have an understanding here and i'll be damned if my dad gets the Yokomo RC drift car before the contest ends & and Rihanna's new song : Unfaithful, reaches #1 on the top 100!!
Old 07-21-2006, 09:12 PM
Banned

Rc Freak.. I am afraid but Your Goal is just not going to be achievable..

Nearly Everyone Drifts a Mixed Kit..

We Dont all Run A Full Tamiya Set up, We all have a HPI Shell with a Novak ESC and a Futuba Reciever..
(OK Some us do run a Full TT-01 With TEU101BK and TRU-101 Reciever but you see the point)

Yes Yokomo is great but for the Price, they are just not affordable..

You will have to Increase Your Budget in order to achieve your Task..
Old 07-21-2006, 10:31 PM

rc freak, rule number two states "Limited one entry per person/e-mail address regardless of entry method. To enter online, correctly complete the online entry form" so that means that reguardless on how you enter its ONE PER PERSON! enjoy.
Old 07-21-2006, 11:01 PM

just for ****s and gigle i put one in too. you never know what can happen.
Old 07-21-2006, 11:37 PM
Banned

And the "I'm a beginner RC drifter and I ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY MUST HAVE A YOKOMO DRIFT PACKAGE" Dee Dee Dee Award goes to RC freak! Congratulations! You are now officially a Dee Dee Dee!

Stop complaining here and ****ing get your car already. Just buy the **** off eBay. You can get a better chassis, and if you still want a Yokomo, you can find SSG's and Rayspeed SD's every now and then for under $200. But then you'll need electronics. So if you think you're gonna get an RTR Yokomo drift car for $210 or less, you're a complete stupid ass. You need to realize that you get what you pay for, and you have to pay for quality. Geez.
Old 07-21-2006, 11:55 PM
Banned

Ask Jesus its gonna take a miracle to find on at that price. LOL. Im serious though
Old 07-22-2006, 11:31 PM

Yeah man I just bought aries's roller sd black and it cost me 175 alone for the roller. By the time I git everything else I'm almost at 500$. Good luck in your search.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:35 PM

I'm only hoping that someone I know will bring me a Yokomo car one day, I pray.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:44 PM
Banned

I Dont think Santa Clause will be that good to you...
I know many Wannabe Drifters that pray for a Yokomo and end up with a Drift King..

If Your Passion for Yokomo is so great, then I am afriad that Every one else will have slide time under their belt before you even get a chance to slide..

I still recommend at Least going a TT-01 with a Yokomo Shell, Drift around with that, then Upgrade down the track..

By the time you save up for a Yokomo, they would have Brought out a Better model which Costs twice as much.. At least if you got the TT-01 you could have some Slide time ready to slide your dream chassis...

It is essentially up to you..
Slide now and gain Experience VS Slide Later and have no Slide Experience..
Old 07-25-2006, 06:48 PM

I agree thats what I did.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.