Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

tt-01 oneway question

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 06:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tt-01 oneway question

can someone please tell me do they make a oneway diff for the tt01??? and if they do where can I get one? does anyone have experience with it for drifting.......I did a search and either I am a de dee dee[sm=spinnyeyes.gif] or the info I want wasn't available.....thanks to all who reply
Old 12-06-2006, 07:15 PM
Banned

Default RE: tt-01 oneway question

dont get one.. stock diff is better for drift in a tt-01.. lock the rear diff if your having drift troubles

A Front 1 Way makes the Front Wheels free wheel when in Reverse and During Braking.. This on a Race track causes early Turn in on rubber , but on ABS or PVC causes under steering as there is no force being applied to the wheels to keep the grip ratio even on all 4 corners....
Essentially turning the AWD into a RWD drive under Braking and Reversing.

A Controlled Slide requires the Traction to be broken and Regained Constantly, if You remove the Traction during Braking or coasting this upsets your drifting..

We tried Drfitng a HPI Pro-4 Harra Edition with a Front 1 way and it was hopless.. No matter what technique it would just blanantly under steer..
Great for Rubber Racing, just not for Drifting..
Old 12-07-2006, 07:28 PM

Default RE: tt-01 oneway question

magnat you seem to be the the man with the informed answers.....not having any problems with stock front and bluetacked rear,was just looking to improve.....question answered,money saved!!!! thanks mag[sm=thumbup.gif]