Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Drifting
 urgent need for help about drifting.. >

urgent need for help about drifting..

Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

urgent need for help about drifting..

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 01:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default urgent need for help about drifting..

hey a v imp ques...i m usin a 3.2 cc engine rc car..should i go for a 2 wheel or a 4 wheel drive for good drifting???i have to drive it in a cemented track..
Old 11-26-2007, 01:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: urgent need for help about drifting..

for drifting a r/c car you want 4wd. youll just spin out with 2wd. most people use electrics to drift
Old 11-26-2007, 03:01 PM

thanx for the reply..u mean most people do the drifting with electric powered car n not the engine powered?? spinning with 2wd means,is it diff from drifting??
Old 11-26-2007, 03:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you cant drift a 2wd rc car. its near impossible b/c you dont have any significant wieght up front to guide the car. your rear will just spin in circles and you wont be drifting. yes more people use electric than nitro for drifting. if your going to drift a nitro your going to want it to be a single speed and 4wd. when you drift with a nitro it puts alot of strain on the car parts(clutch,tranny,engine). your engine also needs air to cool and when your drifting your high revving and going slow so you might not get enough air to cool your engine and over heat it.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:04 PM

Agreed, Electric is the King of drift as far as ease of control, matenience and running costs
Old 11-26-2007, 10:30 PM

most people who tell you that you will overheat a nitro engine if you drift it probably have never done it before

i have been drifting my nitro 4-tech 3.3 for a while (just had the last drift session last weekend, my friend challenged me and said that his jato could beat my 4-tech so i need it for speed again, but anyway i bought a TT-01 for drifting, its electric 4wd and a single speed, back to the nitro, i have been drifting my 4-tech for a while and if anything i cant get the temps high enough, why, because drifting puts almost NO load on the engine, just high RPMs which cant be good either, but it will not overheat on a good tune. I stopped with the nitro drifting mostly because i could see that after a while of this most if not all of the moving parts on your car would have to be rebuilt.

and drifting a 2wd is a bad idea, it just wont work