Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Drifting
 Creating realistic headlight lenses >

Creating realistic headlight lenses

Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

Creating realistic headlight lenses

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 08:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Creating realistic headlight lenses

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; white-space: pre-wrap; ">I wanted to do a Levin shell for ages, so I had to think how to make it different because there are LOADS about!

After seeing the HPI bodyshell stickers were a bit lame, I had an idea to create some headlight lenses. There's a lot left to do with the shell, like roll cage, LEDs, driver, exhaust.....and mounting it.....so this is a WIP.

I haven't seen this done before but I'll be glad to bow to the person who got their first!

Hope you like the results, this is a first attempt, but how I did it is posted on my site; <a target="_blank" href="http://rcdriftuk.com/2009/09/01/creating-realistic-rc-car-headlight-lenses/ ">http://rcdriftuk.com/2009/09/01/crea...dlight-lenses/
</a>
Hope you like it! <span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; white-space: pre-wrap; ">

THESE ARE NOT STICKERS BEFORE ANYONE ASKS! </span></span>
Old 08-31-2009, 09:10 PM

Default RE: Creating realistic headlight lenses

very nice dude. I do like your site and have checked it out a few times and you are the one responsible for me ordering that awesome Cop Car Shell
Old 09-01-2009, 02:38 AM

thanks dude! I try to create something useful so I'm glad you like it! Send me some pics once you have the shell, are you planning to put LEDs in ? There's quite a few Police flashing LEDs kits on eBay.....

If there's anything you want me to get hold of and review or test let me know - I'm always looking for new ideas!

Thanks again!
Old 09-01-2009, 03:50 AM

I currently have my own E-shop on ebay and a website that will be fully operational soon so I will send you a message soon and send you a set of drift tyres ive been getting... and yes will be sure to send you some pictures... ill be in touch