Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

redcats trying to step it up

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 03:58 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default redcats trying to step it up

I know many hate or strongly dislike redcat, but I feel that when judged as what they are... a entry level rc brand, they do well. And it seems like they are trying to step up and appeal to more buyers...
They recently released a onroad car with a licensed Pagani body...and a fairly nice body at that.
Soon they will have a officially licensed Major League Baseball stock truck body.
It is kind neat I think, as the other RC companies haven't done baseball themed body.
Go redsox!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	MLB_TRUCK_NEWSLETTER.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	177.4 KB
ID:	1911658  
Old 08-22-2013, 07:48 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lol,
well I admire ur enthusiasm towards RedCat, and I'm concerned u might be changing my opinion of them in a positive way.... Damm u
If I buy one I'm blaming you
Old 08-23-2013, 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by phmaximus
Lol,
well I admire ur enthusiasm towards RedCat, and I'm concerned u might be changing my opinion of them in a positive way.... Damm u
If I buy one I'm blaming you
Im OK with that...lol
I don't know if im enthusiastic about redcat...but I am the type of person that loves a good deal. Ive owned all the redcat electric models, and with most of them I felt like I got good performance for my money.

Ive had the redcat lighting onroad....which comes with a lame body. just a year or 2 ago all of the redcats had lame bodies, all very generic shapped. Getting some scale bodies and real branded bodies makes them look much better.
Have you seen the new 1/5 chimera SR? IMO it looks awesome. I might be partial to it cause redcat had a naming contest....and they picked a name I came up with

Im not a fan of nascar....but I do like the redsox.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:32 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh yeah, I'm loving the look of the chimera... Only thing, I can't seem to find any pics of the chassis
Old 08-24-2013, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by phmaximus
Oh yeah, I'm loving the look of the chimera... Only thing, I can't seem to find any pics of the chassis
LOL, you are right. I just tried to search and could not find any pics with body off. I Guess no one has been willing to pull the body off to do pics yet.
But it is based off the XT rampage platform. shares many parts (from pics you can see they have the same bumper) Some stuff is different in order for the body/wing/pipe ect to work....but still at least 80% the same.