Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

LiPo 480 Motor

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2014, 02:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LiPo 480 Motor

Hi guys, just found this motors from Jamara:

- 480 Pro version
- 480 LiPo version

What does LiPo version stand for?
Must I use it with LiPo batteries only or does It work even with NiMh?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by sir_francis; 10-25-2014 at 02:49 AM.
Old 10-27-2014, 08:32 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, first off, you do realize that both of those motors are BRUSHED motors, not brushless, right? It's hard to tell from the pics, but it looks like the Pro has a larger can than the other one. That is to say, it looks like a 550-size motor where the other looks like a 540-size. IF that's true, the Pro would be the more powerful motor of the two. Both will work with NiMh, or Lipo if the speed control is Lipo-capable (it has a Low-Voltage Cutoff).

Oh fer....silly me, your post title SAYS 480 Motor. DUH! So, they're essentially the same motor. The label on the Pro insinuates that the motor has ball bearings. IF that's true, I'd get that one over the other. But in any case, a 480 brushed motor isn't going to give you much power. UNless you're putting it in a very small RC. Now if they were brushless motors, they'd be fine in anything up to 4.5lbs. A small 1/10th or 1/12th scale car.

Never seen those motors before. Honestly, putting "Lipo" on the label smacks of cheesy marketing. They might've well labeled it "LiPo HD" . Just as meaningless.