Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Been away for while.... Need help

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2014, 12:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Been away for while.... Need help

Ok, so i have been away from RC for well over 2 years now. My traxxas stampede 4x4 has been just sitting on the shelf, not getting driven because i broke a half shaft. I finally get that fixed, then i cycled and charged my lipo. Plug the battery into the receiver and turn on the radio then the ESC and all the receiver does is blink red. It turns on, but it wont do anything. I know one issue could be with binding, but i think it blinks too fast for that to be the issue. What is wrong?

Thanks in advance
Old 11-07-2014, 02:35 PM

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

What ESC is it that you are using? I would try recalibrating the ESC first.
Old 11-07-2014, 05:48 PM

It has the stock traxxas VXL brushless system in it. And like i said it turns on, but i have no throttle, brake, or steering.

Last edited by micro guy; 11-07-2014 at 05:56 PM.
Old 11-07-2014, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by micro guy
.....all the receiver does is blink red. It turns on, but it wont do anything. I know one issue could be with binding, but i think it blinks too fast for that to be the issue. What is wrong?
What receiver is it? My best guess is what you already know...it's probably searching for a signal and needs binding.
My first post I thought the ESC lights were blinking...that's why I asked which ESC you were using.
Old 11-07-2014, 11:38 PM

It was a binding issue. I got the receiver rebound to the transmitter and it all works. This is the first run through this 2S lipo in probable 2.5 years or so. It seems a little slower then i thought it was. If i drive it till it runs dead, then cylce/re-charge the battery will that make any difference? Sorry for the stupid questions, been away from the hobby for a long time.

Thanks for all the help!
Old 11-08-2014, 04:28 AM

Exclamation May be too late?

Originally Posted by micro guy
It was a binding issue. I got the receiver rebound to the transmitter and it all works. This is the first run through this 2S lipo in probable 2.5 years or so. It seems a little slower then i thought it was. If i drive it till it runs dead, then cylce/re-charge the battery will that make any difference? Sorry for the stupid questions, been away from the hobby for a long time.

Thanks for all the help!
Don't run LiPo batteries till they are dead! LiPo cells like to have a voltage range between 3v~4.2v per cell. If you let a cell go below 3volts you run the risk of damaging the cell. Your ESC should have a auto LiPo cutoff setting. Also, storage of a LiPo should be about 3.8volts per cell.
Old 11-08-2014, 04:31 AM

I'm sure you'll get additional info/help here. I gotta run to work.