Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Looking for some Fun

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 01:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for some Fun

Hi All,

I'd like to get a couple cars for my son and I to race. But I am lost, I'd electric just for lack of time to put inot the gas stuff. I'd like something that is fast and affordable that comes in diff freq.

Can anybody help me out?

Thanks,

Nate
Old 06-22-2005, 01:45 PM

Default RE: Looking for some Fun

you could get traxxas rustler for dirt racing, traxxas stampede for all around racing, and a evader st if you are gonna want to put alot of motor upgrades in the future
Old 06-22-2005, 02:17 PM
My Feedback: (1)

dont get a traxxas for racing that is for bashing racing is like a xxx-t rtr2
Old 06-22-2005, 03:04 PM

I'd say an electric duratrax evader or a traxxas rustler/stampede for the price and quality.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:25 PM

You guys r nuts dont buy a traxxas to race unless its a revo(nitro) for racing for your son if hes young get a rc18t for you get a XXX-t MF2 or T4.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:36 PM
Banned

yea 2 race ona budget, getta evader st
Old 06-22-2005, 05:06 PM

it sounds like you all are confusing him and me! lol no offence to people.
Old 06-22-2005, 05:07 PM
Banned

id go with the evader[X(]
Old 06-22-2005, 05:51 PM

i dont think he was refering to organized racing, hes talking about bashing. Just something for him and his son to drive around together.... i think
Old 06-22-2005, 09:42 PM

We would need to know where you want to run your vehicles (off road or on road).

I dont have any, but I think the 1/18 size would be a lot of fun for a father and son. You can race them in a garage or a on a really smooth driveway and have much better run times than 1/10 scale.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:04 PM

Get a Duratrax Evader ST RTR. Each body color (6 of them) comes with a different freq. and all you need to do is buy batts and a charger
Old 06-23-2005, 09:02 AM

Yeah, you need to specify what kind of racing you want to do. Organized, or just screwing around, on- road, off-road..... I would recommend an off-road vehicle since they can be run almost anywhere, and I don't see how racing can be much fun without jumps. I know on-road is fun, but jumps are more fun.
Old 06-23-2005, 12:25 PM

Hello everyone, i have a stock rusty but its not exactly a rusty anymore see i took all of my stuff off of the chassis the reciever and speedcontrol, well i got this idea to make a radio controled powerwheels toy for my lil bro and itsd funny cus i had my electric pocket rocket and it was broke so i gutted it and mounted the motor right above the wheel in the back and put my pocket rocket wheel on there hookd up the chain and found out that my batteries where dead and out of curriousity i hooked up my speedcontrol to the 250 watt 24v motor and i gave it gas and it turned fast so i hooked the esc up and used a 7.2 pack and hooked everything up all good and it worked fine..... well the drive did but it had no steering so i bought a servo with a sprocket and hooked a sprocket to the steering colum on the powerwheels and mounted my servo on the fake plastic gas tank it works great with my lil bro on it it even pulls me but the motor is so powerfull that when i floor it it bends the body of the power wheels and the chain comes off about every 10 feet im fixing that later it goes about 15-20 and lasts for like 10 mins its so fun to drive but it cant cat walk cus its only 1 wheel drive ill send pics when i get a cam its helariouse please comment , so in other words rustlers are good for sumthin and now i have a chain driven power wheels for my lil bro to ride o and i fixed the chain drive