Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Spring pin 4 evader?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 04:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spring pin 4 evader?

So here is my story.
A few nights ago I put this cool little strobe thingy on my Evader that basically lights up the entire car. So I'm bashing around my house, just light stuff like half throttle so i dont mash it into anything, when i decide to go to my backyard. Well that place is a tad over grown so i had some bushes to contend with. After about a few mins. of playin around i launch into this pretty sweet WOT donut then decide to call it a night. So i hit the trigger and all i hear is "Whirrrr whirrr" so im like "durn it i stripped another spur!" When i get it up onto my porch to take a look see i notice that the entire left driveshaft is GONE. Whoah! like, ****? How in the hell do you do that? Needleses to say i was pretty pissed because i just finished fixing the damn thing. Any way after searching for and finding the driveshaft i inspect it really closely and discover the spring pin has come out of where the CV connects to the axle. Im pretty sure it is a 2.5 by 12 mm spring pin that goes there but my LHS says i need to special order it and i dont really feel like paying 7 bucks for tower to ship a 1.79 part. Basically i want to know if anyone makes a compatible pin that i can use. Sorry for the long vent but i needed to do it [>:][:@]
Thanks,
Corry
Old 06-28-2005, 05:41 PM

Default RE: Spring pin 4 evader?

AE roll pins work fine. Most LHS guys have no idea what size parts are, just ask for pins that fit the universals from AE.

You will continue to occasionally lose pins, but the nitro evader CVDs will fit fine and have no roll pins to work loose.
Old 06-28-2005, 05:45 PM
Banned

Default RE: Spring pin 4 evader?

happens alot... if u don't know what ur doin...lol

but yea, buy new driveshafts, then when u get em... crimp up the ends of each spring pin, so it swells up in the middle, so it will never come out again!...i did it about 6 months ago, and i've never had a spring pin fall out yet!

i have xxt cvd's now, but the universals, r good if u do what i told yea