Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Good Bye, beloved B4

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 09:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Bye, beloved B4

Well, I did it. I sold my beloved, eye popping performance RC10B4 to a kid that's been drooling over it for months. Pause for sadness.

It's not all bad. I kept the motor, ESC and the Radio, but I'm going to miss that buggy.

Not 2 minutes after I had the cash in my hand, I went into the pro-shop, and ordered a new XXX-Bk2 kit. It should be here by next Thursday, so I'll have it for just 2 weeks before the Steel City Classic on the 17th. ( Yeah!

I think I may be racing my MF1, if I don't get enough track time to tune it properly. Only time will tell, if I can get it built in a reasonable time......

In other news, I finally burned up a servo. It took me 8 years, but I finally killed the core motor in my hitec HS-625MG that I was running in my T3...

I went to a Futaba 3305 HT Metal Gear, and I have to say WOW. That servo is FAST and STRONG! Just a word of advice, DO NOT apply full throttle, until you are SURE that the servo direction is correct... Nothing is more frustrating than smacking the wheel of the family van under acceleration, because you turned the wheel right, and the truck darted left. ( I really should have known better, but it was a LOOONG day at work! ) My wife fell out of the hammock laughing at me, and I broke my top-plate. Oh well!

God I love this hobby!
Old 08-23-2005, 09:50 PM
Banned

Default RE: Good Bye, beloved B4

Buh-bye B4, hello upgrade!
Old 08-23-2005, 09:56 PM

Yeah, I know... It's like trading in the family station-wagon for a new porsche!
Old 08-23-2005, 09:59 PM
My Feedback: (16)

Well, I did it. I sold my beloved, eye popping performance RC10B4 to a kid that's been drooling over it for months.
At first I'm all like "WHAT!? You sold a brushless RTR B4 to some kid? [X(]" Then I read the below part.

So, whos the lucky kid?

I went to a Futaba 3305 HT Metal Gear, and I have to say WOW.
Myself, I'm looking at the new JR Sport ST125MG servo, seeing as my LHS can get me one for $20...which is half off most other HT MG servos. 125 oz/in of torque at 4.8 volts!

EDIT---

BTW, I hope you didn't rip the kid off by selling it for like $1000 roller. lol J/K
Old 08-23-2005, 10:04 PM
Banned
My Feedback: (-1)

ole timer tell the best storys Its like way better then story time at boyscout campyea i ually dont touch the throttle until i cheak witch way the wheels turn.sorry for the grammer and punktuation im eating chicken and messing up my keyboard[:'(]
Old 08-23-2005, 10:05 PM

Even the old guys gotta move up in the world of new models. Isn't it funny that the guys who can afford the best models stick with an old-tried&true model when the young kids are always looking to get the newest thing out there? This coming from one of the old guys here.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:09 PM

No. I was fair.... I got $150.00 for an assembled FT roller, with TI stub axles. I should have asked for more, but I'm not greedy... Besides, I helped him get his motor and ESC mouted, and he was running laps a half hour later....
Old 08-23-2005, 10:13 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Speaking of old models how is that Re-Born Hornet coming along?
Old 08-23-2005, 10:17 PM

It is just what I remeber, C3. It is fast ( 26mph with a Chameleon 2 Pro ), and wickedly unstable! It flips if I look at it wrong! I'm already seeing wear in the rear spike tires....

Even though I paid $145 for it ( $99, but $46 shipping from Hong Kong!), it was worth it.

It makes for a fun, end of the day run.... But can't hold a candle, even to a Evader BX in performance.