Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Gearing for brushless evader

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 11:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gearing for brushless evader

Could anyone tell me about a good way to gear/strengthen my trans for a brushless motor. I don't have one yet, but I'm looking at getting the Novak Superport+5800.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:13 AM
Banned

Default RE: Gearing for brushless evader

aluminum idler gear.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:21 AM

ORIGINAL: LoCaL_183

aluminum idler gear.
I knew that was definitely step one. I was just wondering what to do for the rest of it.
Old 08-25-2005, 04:45 AM

aluminum or steel diff gear, you will need one.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:27 AM
My Feedback: (1)

For those people who used the HG Components aluminum B2 differential gear, did you have to get different bearings? If so, what?
Old 08-25-2005, 09:31 AM

Why get a steel or aluminum idler or diff gear. Just replace the idler every 25 runs or so(when you clean and relube the differential). It's very inexpensive($2.50-$3.00). And if you replace it before the teeth wear, the diff gear will last for a very long time. This is what I do with my RC10GT nitro truck, and I have a very fast motor on it. Trans diff gear last a long time if you replace the cheap idler gear often. Besides, if you make your trans to strong, you will be tempted to not tear the ball diff apart and clean it then relube it when you should (no longer than every 25 runs in my opinion). This is also what I do in my B4, XXT CR Graphite Plus, XXXT MF, and XXX BK.

Joe
Old 08-26-2005, 07:55 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Just replace the idler every 25 runs
Most people don't tear apart the tranny until they hear the grinding and have to.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:36 AM

Why get a steel or aluminum idler or diff gear. Just replace the idler every 25 runs or so(when you clean and relube the differential). It's very inexpensive($2.50-$3.00). And if you replace it before the teeth wear, the diff gear will last for a very long time. This is what I do with my RC10GT nitro truck, and I have a very fast motor on it. Trans diff gear last a long time if you replace the cheap idler gear often. Besides, if you make your trans to strong, you will be tempted to not tear the ball diff apart and clean it then relube it when you should (no longer than every 25 runs in my opinion). This is also what I do in my B4, XXT CR Graphite Plus, XXXT MF, and XXX BK.

Joe
That doesnt apply in this case. We're talking about an evaader. A brushless on this car will damage either the plastic idler gear or the plastic diff gear. The plastic duratrax uses to make their cars is crap, so better play safe and get both an aluminum idler and diff gear.
Old 08-26-2005, 01:34 PM

Oh, didn't know the plastic was that bad. T4 RTR SE don't cost much more. Should've gotten one. They are tough. I know my old XXT CR Graphite Plus is tough, once I put an aluminum rear arm mount on it. That was the only weak link on the whole thing.
Old 08-26-2005, 04:59 PM

Wouldn't the aluminum diff gear from an rc10gt fit for my evader?