Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

PDA RC Car Game

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 12:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PDA RC Car Game

Well ive noticed latley that RC surveys and PDA's are popping up alot, well ive decided that im going to make a RC game for a PDA, (might make a mac version and PC version later)

It will be somethign along the lines of this

http://www.freegamesonline.dk/funnyg...pzap/index.php

I need as much help as possible with what to have in my 'shop' and how many credits you need to 'buy' them, it will be based on starting out in a TT-01, then you can get better motors etc, and end up with something liek Pro 4 Hara edition,I need to know stuff such as Team Orion 3700 cells cost so many credits,

Please bear in mind the points system

First-100cr
Second-75cr
Third-50cr
Other-0cr

Many Thanks
Old 09-02-2005, 12:53 PM
Banned

Default RE: PDA RC Car Game

Kool...
Old 09-02-2005, 01:04 PM

Yup , like i said avalible for PPC first i think
Old 09-02-2005, 02:15 PM
Banned

if u really wanna go in depth then u should make a bashing mode with points awarded for cool tricks--kinda operate it like a skateboard competition and have different trucks with different durability capabilities...and u probly thought of this but u should have like rating bars that say how much durabality, speed, handeling and possibly battery life depending on from the time u start with the stock one to when u upgrade parts it will change the ratings of durability or speed, etc. it should look somewhat like this:
Stampede (stock)
Durability: X X X X X
---Speed: X X X
Handeling: X X X X

have 5 be the best rating.....and maybe u can start out with a xxx-t then to rustler then stampede then e maxx then to some nitro ones... (i only think the xxx-t should be the first u get becuz it is more of a racer then basher)
dave
Old 09-02-2005, 02:25 PM

ORIGINAL: aintskeered

if u really wanna go in depth then u should make a bashing mode with points awarded for cool tricks--kinda operate it like a skateboard competition and have different trucks with different durability capabilities...and u probly thought of this but u should have like rating bars that say how much durabality, speed, handeling and possibly battery life depending on from the time u start with the stock one to when u upgrade parts it will change the ratings of durability or speed, etc. it should look somewhat like this:
Stampede (stock)
Durability: X X X X X
---Speed: X X X
Handeling: X X X X

have 5 be the best rating.....and maybe u can start out with a xxx-t then to rustler then stampede then e maxx then to some nitro ones... (i only think the xxx-t should be the first u get becuz it is more of a racer then basher)
dave
Sounds good, i like ht e bars and bashing idea, it will be like a little abr at the top, when thats full you've finished the levil, if you run out of time it tough sh*t, i had the idea for bateries, with stock it starts of with a bar, and after so long it runs out, you have so long to finish the race (before your bats run out) ,as the track gets longer, you need better cells to complete it?
Old 09-02-2005, 02:30 PM
Banned

yah u just need to buy better quality batts...each product u can buy should give info on how it would raise or lower ur ratings...for example going from carbon fyber to alluminum would raise durability---for racing there should be a weight bar and when u add more wieght then a little speed goes down...u should either have to fully upgrade ur current car or truck or have enuff money to upgrade to a different car or truck
dave
Old 09-02-2005, 02:38 PM
My Feedback: (1)

start out with a xxx-s rtr or a tc4 rtr then have like a bmi upgrade for the tc4 and a jrxs for the xxx-s and differend motor upgrades and batteries like starting out with sanyo 2400's then matched 2400's then 3300's then 3700's
Old 09-02-2005, 03:07 PM
Banned

well yah and for racers there should be the pit stop and it should be a rule that depending on how many laps there r then u should have to take atleast one pit stop....and when the batteries ware down the car should slowly slow down and finally come to a stop...and just to make it easier to know where the pit stop is there should be a little light that sez ur approaching the pit stop---and if u wanna be in long races u should have to buy two or more batts so u can throw in the rc and take out the dead ones
dave
Old 09-02-2005, 03:10 PM
My Feedback: (18)

Sounds like a cool project

What are you going to write it in?
Old 09-02-2005, 03:58 PM

aintskeered, your on my thinking road there, thats exactly what i had in mind ,

jakjr glad you asked, know im not to sure, this will be my first game Oso poor crummy GFX for now) and i havn't really got a clyue, theres a few game Maker softwares but would these be easy to swap to a PDA, i was hoping you could help me convert it from PC to pda???
Old 09-02-2005, 04:35 PM

Hwta about flash?
Old 09-02-2005, 11:38 PM
My Feedback: (18)

eMbedded C++ (get it from Microsofts website) would probobly be your best bet, but unless you have alot of prior experiance programming in C++ then you're not really gonna be able to jump right in and write a game.

Flash could work too, dont know about compatibilty with PPC though.

Programming for Windows CE PDA's requires special software (available only from microsoft) so chances are the software you've seen wont work.
Old 09-03-2005, 01:55 PM

ok i will have a scan about
thanks for all your help
Old 09-04-2005, 09:21 AM
Banned

That sounds sweet! I hear its kinda hard to make games like these with somewhat good graphics.