Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

XXX-S G+ Review:

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 06:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XXX-S G+ Review:

Well I got a XXX-S For Christmas as some of you know and in the past few days I assembled it. Most of it went together nicely but some parts were harder to get put together than others. These are the few things I found hard to do and one thing wrong with the instructions. I assembled this kit with a front spool
This is assembled with:
GTB Racing ESC (What I'm waiting on. After I get it this I will complete the review)
Birdman Monster "Goose" Motor
HiTec HS-650M
Robinson Racing 26 Tooth Pinion

Assembly: 8.5/10
Front inner pivot blocks... Threading them was a pain in the butt as was the differential cases... I recommend actually using the thread cutting screw that came in the wrench bag. The shocks you should get something made for opening bottle caps (Or something else rubber and grippy) and put that between the shock shaft and the pliers when your screwing the rod end on. Aside from those this car was pretty easy to put together. I broke an Allan wrench threading a screw into the bottom of the diff case... it's now an I wrench.

Instructions:9.5/10
Great pictures and wording but I only used the pictures most of the time. The only reason I gave this a 9.5 over 10 instead of a 10 is because the instructions tell you ALL hitec servos are narrow but my HS-650M is actually a wide servo.

Included Gear and Tools: 9(will be improved/docked on when I actually get to drive the car)/10
The tires seemed too hard to me so I trimmed the sides off of the inserts. This also made gluing a lot easier. They seem perfect now. These Allan wrenched are't very good but they worked until I stripped one and broke another (See above). If I didn't have a quality turnbuckle wrench and I was just starting I would have wanted a better one. Halfway through the kit I finally figured you could use a ratchet wrench to put in the ball studs... This made assembly a lot easier.

Overall so far I give this car a 9.5/10 but after driving it it might go up to a perfect 10/10.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:12 AM

Default RE: XXX-S G+ Review:

i have an xxx-s, not the G+ tho. i love the things. it hauls, its got really great handling. im running the novak ss5800 in it with no problems, it takes it real easy, barely gets warm and it hauls butt! ill be getting the neo/sphere combo in the summer with the black belt kit.cant wait [>:]
Old 12-29-2005, 12:15 AM

Yeah i'm running stock for now then possibly mod with a 6.5 and then speed runs with a 5.5
Old 12-29-2005, 12:02 PM

I'd like to see how the 5.5 does in a touring car. We're trying to get a class going at our local club. Open mod,/brushless, so there'd be a bunch of sphere/neo and Novak combos, with a few hard-headed mod guys in the mix...