Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

tc4 brushless

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 12:28 AM
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tc4 brushless

hi all am new to the electric car scene,,,but was wondering what would the best brushless cobo { motor, esc }and lipo battery would be ? 2 cell 3 cell ? size of battery pack ? thanks all...am going to replace all the electronics on my tc4 and try and go brushless , with lipo battery....
Old 01-11-2006, 07:34 AM

Default RE: tc4 brushless

there are many options, such as the warrior bk1102 & hackerC40 combo,etc but i doubt that the stock drivetrain of the tc4 can handle that power range without problems. i have seen tc4s running on novak GTB setups and sphere/neo ones topping near 50-60mph with lipos, without problems. now regarging the cells of lipos to be used...well...for both the GTB and the sphere setups you will need 2lipo cells [7.4v]. if you run 3cells, you will most likely blow up everything.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:16 AM

wow....ok thanks mt...think im gonna look into the novak then with the 2 cell setup....thanks very much...
Old 01-11-2006, 09:29 AM

you are welcome. but be carefull with these lipos! i personally wouldn`t recommend using lithium polymer cells. one crash or sudden impact on them or overcharging or excessive current draw...and...boom boom boom! they are very dangerous and the technology that interpetes them is fairly new. i would start using lipolys in a couple of years or so, when their market gets mature. but thats subjective. anyways, good luck. even with good IB3800 cells you will get that speed range [50-60mph] with the GTB, so think twice. speed isn`t everything though. there are tc4s and xxx-s topping 70mph+ with high-end brushless setups [like the c40 or feigao 6s motor along with a hi-amp esc] but i doubt there will be anything left to be re-used after a crash!

ps: also check the neo/sphere combo. its about the same price range [around 300$ plus/minus some$ for both the esc&motor], and gives a better top-end than the GTB. also, it supports 7cell [8.4v] packs [the GTB supports up to 6/7.2v].
Old 01-11-2006, 11:50 AM

the neo seems like a better bet,,,with the ib 3800s ..