Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

I need 0 degrees

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 11:21 AM
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need 0 degrees

I am looking to remove the rear toe from my b4 for oval racing " I hate oval but what choice do I have, only thing around" and I found this, will this work?

Old 01-17-2006, 11:32 AM
My Feedback: (18)

Default RE: I need 0 degrees

That will do the trick.
Old 01-17-2006, 11:33 AM
Banned

Let's see... That's for a B4, and you have a B4.. It's for the rear hub and you want to change the rear hub. It's zero degrees and you were looking for zero degrees.. Was this question even worth a thread? LOL

Never insult oval racing when I'm around.

Oh, and converting over to zero degree hubs is a mistake. You need the stability in the turns more than the speed on the straights. Zero degree hubs will remove the tire scrub, but rear toe in helps your car turn in more agressively and exit with more stability.
Old 01-17-2006, 12:11 PM
Banned
My Feedback: (-1)

Yes^

Also dont do it while im around.Oval racing is much more difficult then off-road.Listen speed on this one.I took his advice when I ran the West-Coast Dirt Oval NATS and took 4th W0ot
Old 01-17-2006, 12:28 PM

How about 1.5 degree? I agree total removal is probably not a great idea but thats what I found, i also found some 1.5's from racers edge. I have a t4 question too. I am going to run stock class and they wont let me run short shocks but i can put fuel tubing in the bodies to limit the height. What springs and oil do you guys suggest? This is No banking carpet.
Old 01-17-2006, 12:47 PM

yea, oval is higher speeds and very competitive. and dont use fuel tubing, use spacers. they are more precice and cheap. on carpet you will need a pretty stiff setup, heavy oil and springs. do a search on this forum for "quick and dirty wedge lesson" it good stuff. print it and keep it in your pit box.xxt
Old 01-17-2006, 12:48 PM

I found increasing the rear toe to 5* on my jato actually helped in stability in turns and corners
Old 01-17-2006, 12:58 PM

thanks for the info Oval Guys
Old 01-17-2006, 12:58 PM
Banned

Fuel tubing is bad because it get's shredded. Simple shock spacers are all you need. Increasing toe in the rear will give more stability overall, but the sacrifice is top speed due to tire scrub. But, oval is won in the turns, not on the straights. Being stable while sliding left is what counts.

Oh, and short shocks suck. My lowered XXX-T has no problem beating purpose built oval racers and those little go-cart looking short shock conversions. A good driver in a bad car with a good setup can beat all the fancy crap you want to put on it if you can't drive or setup what you've got..
Old 01-18-2006, 08:41 AM

Well I did some checking and the 0 degree are the same as stock. Sense on the t4/b4 the rear toe in built in, the hubs are 0 degree. Now you can get 1.5 degree hubs and install the backwards " left on right , right on left" and this will remove 1.5 degrees of toe in. If I am correct still leaving 1.5 degrees. I lowered my truck using fuel tubing and found it nearly impossible to get all the air out. I will try the spacers method.