Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

bring on the nitro's

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 09:41 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bring on the nitro's

just wanted to start a thread to say that i have a new lipo on order. by rough calculations, top speed on the evo works out to be 75mph. now with the added weight and other factors, i would say the actual top speed will be somewhere around 68mph. i proly could have got a little bit more speed but speedmunkey no longer makes the munkey foam.
anybody know where i can get some custom tire/wheels like munkey use to do? (any links munkey?)
Old 01-19-2006, 01:05 PM

Default RE: bring on the nitro's

A decent set of of foams should hold up...they do in the nitro class we run, and alot of those cars will break 60...Jacos!
Old 01-19-2006, 02:17 PM
My Feedback: (34)

75!!!!!!!![X(]I couldn't even control 60!!
Old 01-19-2006, 02:42 PM

What about that liquid that dragracers use on there foams to keep them together? I forget the name...and no its not "traction compund"!
Old 01-19-2006, 02:57 PM

Lol, Duct tape, plastic rims, custom balance!...hehe
Old 01-19-2006, 04:46 PM

You definately need the foams, sleepy. The B4 I had last summer tried to fling the rubber off the rim, if I dared give the motor full throttle.
Old 01-19-2006, 04:49 PM

Lipo's weight like 6 ounces less than a 6-cell pack right?

With a lipo in a st like the t4, that as well as other factors should give a total of about 4mph increase. Which is pretty inpressive considering it is just a different battery.

I am still afraid to even try a lipo, I just don't like the idea of have to moniter their charging, and the pissibility of them exploding and ruining my cars. [&o]
Old 01-19-2006, 04:59 PM

Even different batteries can make a difference. Before the endbell-update, my Novak 8.5 topped out at 36mph. After I got the endbell and rotor update, it got to just under 38mph. With the IB4300 cells, It was clocked at 41mph. Nothing else changed...
Old 01-19-2006, 05:01 PM

yeah when i went from a 1.19 fusion pack to a 7.4 volt lipo (~ same as 6c pack), i gained 6mph. i am actually stepping up to a 3s lipo which is like 11.1v and its semi low capacity cuz i only want it for speed runs.
i had talked to munkey about doing up some special dimensional foam, but it just wasnt ment to be.
Old 01-19-2006, 08:05 PM
Banned

quote from my earlier thread from Speedmunkey.....

ORIGINAL: Speedmunkey

Nope, my tire shop is officially closed. Can't get materials in a timely manner from anyone other than a retail outlet so it isn't worth the trouble of making $3-4 a set. It takes a long time to make a set of those things and tire dust is the most annoying substance on this planet.. So, I don't do it anymore. I can honestly tell you that I'm unaware of anyone mounting buggy foams, and I know quite a few makers.. But, it isn't hard to do. Get some foam doughnuts from rc4less.com, cut them to fit your buggy wheels, then have someone true them up for you. I assume you have access to a tire truer, or else you'd be a fool for wanting to run foams. I mounted my tires with Gorilla Glue, and never had one come off the rim.
I needed foams for my buggy but had no place to get them. It seems as if www.rc4less.com is the only option for foams. Anyway here is my thread http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_37...tm.htm#3772583 hope it may help
Old 01-19-2006, 09:11 PM

well i will check the place out. i knew munkey had closed up the foam shop, i had emailed him a while back.