Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

b4 vs. rc18mt smack off

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 04:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default b4 vs. rc18mt smack off

so I was told a b4 with 15 year old electonics, HPI redline 12t triple, futaba 111b esc and a gp 3300 6 cell wouldn't hang with a rc18mt with a mamba 8000. lost by a nose!!!! It's on J-bird.. 5 degrees and some gearing tweaks.... lets see the higher side of 45!!! I'm sure there will be a video to follow. Step it up D, your gettin lost in the dust errr mud of the track in your back yard.. thats my smack... race on freaks!!!
Old 01-23-2006, 12:13 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: b4 vs. rc18mt smack off

what the heck....how bout the english language in your next post.
i dont speak northern thug, can someone tranlate.
to respond to what i can read, a 18t on a mamba comp x should smoke that b4 by quite a bit if it has good batts
Old 01-24-2006, 12:14 AM

YES my mamba smoked the b4 but not by as much as i would like.1st of all starting out the b4 sticks to the ground the mt spins, second the mt still has mt stock tires and third i prolly should advance to extreme, oh i forgot i should upgrade from a 7.4 2cell to 11.1 3cell and then see what happens.The bottom line is the 18mt is to light and cant get traction off the start and i'm also sad to say that that b4 is quick even with all those old electronics.good luck next time hutch!!!btw watch out for a revolution!
Old 01-24-2006, 10:35 AM

First off, Sleepy if you are going to criticize someone elses english you should spell check your own post before submitting it. Second, If you are going to analyze what I said demographically you should probably know the geography of which my text was takin. Southern Californian sports radio show host. Not "Northern Thug".... Unless that was a personal attack on Me not my text because I'm from the "north". If so that's real sad. We are all neighbors, even our hockey playing buddies from what I call the "north" where I bet Blizzard sales are above average right now. I always wanted one of those. plow my driveway and stuff.... anyways this thread was started to have some friendly banter amongst new and old friends and to encourage good competition not start the civil war all over again.

Jay your nuts.. smoked really. Hardly!!! You won yes, but by a couple feet (if even that much) over a 50 yard race. thats ok tho the next drag will be during the day when we can actually see the cars and get some video. Maybe even race me with your bx.. naw I will have more fun beating your brushless system with a old 12t brushed motor that in theory should have fried my esc years ago. If you can make it to the track this week I'll deal with the bx and your revolution there. Hope you stock up on a-arms because your going to break a few tryin to keep up with me.
Old 01-24-2006, 12:15 PM

that was a "hey, could you speak with a little less slang so people could understand you"
and spell check on a rc forum is kinda a waste IMO. its not that serious of a place.
it was no personal attack. dont know ya, havent seen ya here before, and really dont care.
just saying if you are gonna bother starting a thread, atleast make it able to be read.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:07 PM

OK then, as you state above You don't know me or care to know me... and I don't care to have you post your opinion on my use of words in a manner that I wish to use them and refer to me as a thug which I am far from. If I am so irrelevant in your world stay out of mine and we all can be happy... thanks have a great day, life, race, building experience, fishing trip, walk in the park or whatever else makes you happy other then stating your opinions where they are not wanted... Hope this is sufficiently proper enough english language for you to understand and we can get back to enjoying this forum for what it is meant for.. RC electric cars, buggies and trucks!!!
Old 01-24-2006, 06:44 PM

no that really doesnt work for me...the whole place is full of opinions. you choose purely to persue my response rather than the things i did say about the topic of a b4 vs a 18t.
so lets see some useful info about the b4 and the mini. my thoughts are disposable when it comes to who i know on a web board.

now, 15 yr old electronics...msc? i would assume?

i'll even be the bigger man here and apologize for calling you first post "northern thug". I have family that lives up there and talks like that and thats what we call them.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:00 PM

msc sounds familar. is that short for mechanical speed control? I am running a futaba mc111b full fet with a thermo shutdown. I think I got it in the late 80's. I can run a fully peaked gp3300 untill it dumps without shutdown on the 12t motor. if I try to run back to back batts the thermo shutdown kicks in and further more left grill marks in my thumb when I was dumb enuff to stick it to the heat sinks without thinking. the motor a hpi redline 12t triple that looks to be hand wound was from the same era. the thing flies and has good run time. the main road at the end of my street has a 35mph speed limit and I can run my b4 up under cars back bumbers as they pass so I know I'm pushing 40 with it the way it is. the 23 81 gearing has plenty of torque and top end that doesn't seem to quit. gets out of the corners fast and has more then enough straight away speed when I'm running at the track.... now just to learn about caster camber and proper tire setup to get around the track faster.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:51 PM

yeah, mechanical speed control. was thinking something along those lines for that time frame. got any pics?
Old 01-24-2006, 11:14 PM

well I tried to upload a pic but it just keeps telling me there is an error. however it did let me put them in my gallery.. nothing special and not really sure if you meant a pic of the esc or some action shots.. hopefully we will get some vids of some racing posted here soon.. btw no it's not a msc its a esc if you have not caught on to that yet.