Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

New 4K by MaxAmps.com

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 12:46 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 4K by MaxAmps.com

The new 4K cells are finally here.

Check them out on the website at www.MaxAmps.com

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95620.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	396377   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95027.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	396378  
Old 01-27-2006, 01:10 PM
Banned

Default RE: 4K

I'd be curious to see some real numbers on those cells.. And some longevity testing.
Old 01-27-2006, 02:53 PM
My Feedback: (18)

Interesting, I would like to try a set of these, at the least price is reasonable, I was expecting them to be at least $50.

I am curious though, why such a price increase between the stick pack and kits? Are the ones in the stick pack not zapped?
Old 01-27-2006, 05:17 PM

The Shotgun style pack is a "sport" pack. The top tier cells are pulled off and are sold as loose cells and other packs. The "sport" pack is just the standard cells. They are not grouped by voltage like the other cells and they are not guaranteed to be 1.21V like the rest of the cells.

You wont find a better sport pack out there for $34.99. That is a screaming good deal for the pack.

-Austin
Old 01-27-2006, 07:54 PM
Banned

How do you test the "top tier" cells to know they are 1.21-1.25v? I'm not asking just to call you out (unlike the last time we had this conversation heheh), I'm seriously interested in some new practice packs and the runtime on these has my attention.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:55 PM

make some 2/3a cells with bigger mah, please []
Old 01-27-2006, 09:37 PM

These cells have a funny resemblence to a cell that I tested that hit 1.18-1.19.... Strange!
Old 01-27-2006, 11:36 PM
Banned

Is that the "miracle cell" you told me about a few months ago that totally flopped in testing, Alex? If so, I'll defintely pass on these cells..
Old 01-28-2006, 01:40 AM

Our racers don't seem to care how we do it. They just care that they get a quality cell at a good price. I am not willing to disclose that information as it is a trade secret. I can understand your concern about the quality of the cells and that is why we offer a money back guarantee.

Best Regards,

Austin
Old 01-28-2006, 07:55 AM
Banned

If you want my business, and my endorsement of your product, you'll share that information with me. I take my equipment very seriously, and what I tell the people on this and other websites is very carefully decided. You don't have to tell me here, a PM is fine, but I will know your process before I deal with you. I'm not in the habit of sharing information I'm asked to keep quiet. A lot of people on this site seem to care what I think about a product and base their purchases on my reccomendations a lot of times. Go count the number of Reedy Quad Mag 19t users this board had before I got my first one. Now, every thread you see is full of people running that motor. It's a good product and I made it a point of letting people know about it. You'd be wise to impress me
Old 01-28-2006, 08:03 AM

Well, I think austin would be wise to impress all of us with a little more than
That is a screaming good deal for the pack.
I sure that works for some of the people here, but it does come across as a dodge to me.
I'm sure we'd all be interested in some cells with more capacity with a little more proof of their capabilities.
Old 01-28-2006, 09:54 AM

John,
Yes, I do believe that this is the "miracle cell" I was talking about... When testing, I found that voltage was around 1.19+, but the real problem was that they would drop off really early in the run. You would have 1.23+ voltage for about 60 seconds of the run (which I'm guessing is where Austin got his voltage claim), and then drop really low to something like 1.14. It's a shame, you must remember how psyched I was about the cell until I tested it! Still a decent bashing cell, but for my money IB3800s are still the way to go!
Alex
Old 01-28-2006, 12:51 PM

i think you will do better not to advertise cells if your pitch includes claims like "trade secrets" ....it implies that the only secret you have is the true numbers that everyone who knows anything about batts, compare from brand to brand, and from matcher to matcher.the numbers that every other company is proud to spout off, is your real secret, no???????please clarify?????? its really no secret how the real guys do it. how many seconds will they run at 30 amps, whats the avg voltage at 30amps, ir, your charging rate?xxt

Old 01-28-2006, 01:26 PM

Sorry to butt in here, but I keep on reading about 2/3a cells..

What does 2/3a mean?
Old 01-28-2006, 01:39 PM

2/3a is a size of cell, they are about 1/2 the length of a AA but slightly bigger around, they're used mostly in 1/18th cars and receiver packs, but some electric planes and heli's use them.
Old 01-28-2006, 09:34 PM

Frankly, we are not out to "impress" anyone but just get the news out about these new cells.

3 months ago we released the 8000 mah lipoly pack. Speedmonkey and others here told me they would never use them. "Lipoly cells in RC Cars? No way. Thats just crazy talk".

Now the large battery distributors are releasing a more expensive and less capacity lipoly pack.

Our racers have been sucessfully running our lipoly car packs for over 6 months now.

Now comes our new 4K NIMH cell. They are not GP or IB and "Of course at $35.99 a pack there must be something wrong with them because the price is so low...."

The difference between MaxAmps and other distributors is that we don't play by everyone elses rules. Sure, we could go and put stickers on all our cells and charge a premium for our products.

I believe that "sticker matching" is a waste of time and your money. It think that if you know the voltage of a cell then everything else will fall in line by grouping cells by voltage. Who actually uses 4000mah in a 5 minute race anyway? Voltage is the key. I would say that the thousands of customers we have must agree. We have been able to acomplish the same basic result with a less expensive and less labor intensive method and pass the savings on to our customers.

I also believe that the majority or guys out there just want the performance, not the sticker. Most guys want a good deal and they want to be rewarded for being a loyal customer. That is why we offer the membership program to give loyal customers up to 20% off.

I have said it before and I will say it again. I would put our cells up against any other cells on the market and dollar for dollar, hands down you would get a better overall value with MaxAmps cells. We guarantee it!

We will continue staying on the cutting edge to offer our customers the latest and greatest in high performance batteries.

-Austin

Old 01-28-2006, 09:48 PM

Default RE: New 4K by MaxAmps.com

Austin Tell Clint he has an E-Mail
Old 01-28-2006, 10:17 PM

ORIGINAL: austinelse

I believe that "sticker matching" is a waste of time and your money. It think that if you know the voltage of a cell then everything else will fall in line by grouping cells by voltage. Who actually uses 4000mah in a 5 minute race anyway? Voltage is the key. I would say that the thousands of customers we have must agree. We have been able to acomplish the same basic result with a less expensive and less labor intensive method and pass the savings on to our customers.

'Who actually uses 4000mah in a 5 minute race"? Nobody. You got that right. "Voltage is the key". Again you got that right.

I don't care if you offer a cell that produces 1.5 volts per cell at the beginning of the pack. If it cannot maintain that voltage for the duration of a 5 minute heat, then it's worthless to me.

The key to an A-main finish is consistent voltage performance from your battery, beginning of the pack, to the end of the heat.

I've always been a bit leery of your 'Grouped by voltage' claim. Just how is that voltage determined? Just how long are your batteries tested to determine their voltage? Is it a static voltage, or do you put them under a load. If you do, just what load do you use? 5 amps? 10 amps? Wait, you answered that before... Trade Secret...

The performance of a cell changes dramatically once it's put under a load. That's why sticker matched packs carry the high price tags. They are cycled and tested to maintain a certain voltage, at a certain amperage draw. The cells that cannot maintain that performance under the load are weeded out. Those that make the grade are matched with others that meet the same perfromance numbers, and are offered as premium packs. They carry a premium price tag, because they are the best of the best!

You do offer some decent basher-grade batteries. But they're not the stuff that A-Mains are made of.
Old 01-29-2006, 09:15 AM
Banned

Austin, I'll agree you had a bigger LiPo first. However, the Titanic was also the biggest thing in its day. Glad I wasn't on that boat either =) Just because major brands are releasing LiPos, that still doesn't make them safe. Nothing you or your marketing department can come up with is going to change the inherent dangers present in LiPo technology.

You may not believe in putting stickers on your packs, and that's fine, bashers need cells too, but professional battery matchers that actually have a clue what they're doing, do. Racers that need to know how their cells are going to perform, at least for a short time, do. I, do.

Once again, you blow a chance to get rid your "crook using deceptive advertising" reputation. I was truly interested in these cells for practice packs, where I actually would use all of the 4000mah. But, I'll keep shopping with companies that don't treat their customers like uneducated boobs...
Old 01-29-2006, 12:56 PM

Old 01-30-2006, 09:48 AM

OK. I have to give my .02 in Austin's defense. Please take into consideration that I am NOT a racer. But run-times and getting good punch throughout a pack is important to me. I have several of MaxAmps 3300 sport packs. I also have some GP3300 race pack. And for the average Joe, there is not a lot of difference. I actally get a couple more minutes run-time out of the MaxAmps pack than the GP's All batts are less than 3 months old. I am running LightSpeed's equivalent of the Quad Mag motor.

And they DO treat their customers with respect. I had a problem with one of my batts arriving with a bad connection between cells. They were very quick to respond, and replaced the batt. Has been a pleasure to do business with. I will be a return customer.

As for the racetrack, I have to add something here too. My 8 year old son has an original AL tub chassis RC10T. We were at the local track "playing around" while several racers were practicing. I had 3 different racers (electric and nitro) come by and ask me what kind of truck he was running because it "really flies". And he was using MaxAmps sport pack 3300's the whole time.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:13 AM
Banned

Once again, I'll state my position on Austin and Maxamps... My beef isn't with his product. He sells the same thing Boom Boom Batteries does. Unmatched, untested, virgin cells, assembled or unassembled, aimed at the basher market. That's GREAT! BAshers need packs too, and I'd much rather see them get what are POTENTIALLY good cells, assembled in a way (SXS) that maximizes performance. My gripe with Austin, and I gave him a chance early in this thread to get rid of this reputation, is that he makes claims about his product that are only true in a round-about kinda of way, and only under certain conditions. All I'm asking is to know what "top tier" is defined as, and how the cells are tested to know they qualify. Most bulk builders just grab a cell, throw it in the pack and that's that. No testing is done to differentiate it from the other 143 cells in the gross. If that's what Maxamps does, then be proud of your business model and state the facts. Don't hide the truth, make claims that are bogus and mislead customers. By telling me "it doesn't matter, people don't care", that isn't showing respect at ALL. That's the same as saying "my customers are too stupid to care".
Old 01-30-2006, 10:27 AM
Banned
My Feedback: (-1)

uh oh.Any ways, all the "top-end matching compaines" like pro-match,birdman will tell you their matching procces right up front.They have alot more to hide then Maxamps.So why he does this "trade secret" thing, I dunno.All I can say is he needs to be more honest with his customers before he has none.This thread is heading in the same direction as the last one so lets keep it clean.I am going to purchase a set of these cells and run them threw a matcher.I am going to take post my results and when im done well see what the TRUTH is.Soooo if their is any fessing up to be done I would say do it now before they get to far in this monopoly game .

See you guys when I get the cell.If he sells me some that is

EDIT.Ordered.I hope this is a 50$ well spent....(6 cell kit + shipping) I guess well se how close these lil boogers are.Well also see how high they are......Only time will tell.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:54 AM

I see your point. However, to the average basher, the only thing that matters is a good powered, long lasting battery. I will say that my experience has been great as far as that goes. I will be interested to see the results from ThatOneGuy though. Even though I just bash, I am a data junky too.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:55 AM
Banned

I'm very anxious to see those results. Make sure you purchase them totally anonymously though, so you are sure to get the same cells that any other average customer. Don't want anything "hand picked" influencing the testing, so the product looks better than it really is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.