Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

I want to go brushless.

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 11:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want to go brushless.

Hey evry1 when I sell my Revo i am going to go brushless for my tc3 and i am a little confused as of this moment. At first I was looking at the ss4300 cause i liked that fact that with the ib3800's u can get like 20 minute run times. How fast is this motor? Is it faster than a 15t mod brush motor? I really want something fast but with good runtime. I was also looking at the gtb 5.5 and 6.5. what are the differences between these motors? About what speeds should i get with either one of these motors? I want something fast, good runtimes, and I also want something durable thats not going to like melt or burn out on me. Should I go with the lrp combo? My budget is set at about $250. Please help.
Old 01-29-2006, 11:59 AM

Default RE: I want to go brushless.

The Super STOCK 4300 is just what it's called... it's equal to a STOCK 27t motor
I say get the super sport and a GTB...
Old 01-29-2006, 12:05 PM

I'm also looking for something similar...however I looked at novak's ss4300 and it seems that it is equivalent to a 27-turn stock motor. Look at this website and it shows that in the first paragraph: [link]http://www.teamnovak.com/products/brushless/ssport/ss4300.htm[/link]. I thought that would be too slow so I was thinking of the LRP combo (1 star) which they say it is equivalent to a 13-turn motor. I don't know what runtime to expect out of that, but i think it is probably the best trade-off between going fast and longer runtimes. Someone please correct me if i'm wrong [sm=cool.gif]
Old 01-29-2006, 12:21 PM

This isnt really helping to much. I need to know if the ss4300 will be faster than a 27t. Its brushless . It should be faster right? Should I go with lrp or novak. I am leanin more towards novak right now cause I like the gtb5.5 and I think it looks good. Plz some1 help and tell me which is better. And if I did go lrp what combo should i get? These are what Im looking at.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXMAC5&P=0

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXMAC6&P=0

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXMAC7&P=0

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXMAC8&P=0

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXKSW0&P=0

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXKSW1&P=0

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXKUX5&P=0

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGDP6&P=0

Basicically I want to know which has the best bang for the buck. How fast would my tc3 be with ib3800s and the brushless motor you recommend? What runtimes would I be looking at? Thanks.

Old 01-29-2006, 12:22 PM

Are you racing? get the 6.5
Are you bashing? Get the new 4.5
Old 01-29-2006, 01:28 PM

Ok when will the 4.5 be out? what runtimes should I expect? How fast would it be?
Old 01-29-2006, 01:36 PM

Sorry to intrude here, but a question for Doahh--Team Novak's website states that the 4.5R is "Designed for racing, the Velociti 4.5R is ideal for competition touring cars." Is there a different 4.5 to which you are referring?
Old 01-29-2006, 01:43 PM

no... on a nice track... the 4.5 will be TOO MUCH... you will spin out on starts unless you ease the throttle up VERY SLOWLY
the 4.5 in your T4 will definatly hit 40 if not 50 MPH runtimes... 15 mins wit the 4.5 around 20 with the 6.5 and the 4.5 should be out soon
Old 01-29-2006, 01:59 PM

What about the gtb5.5? Is it good and fast? What would runtimes and top speed be?
Old 01-29-2006, 02:02 PM

Oh yeah I wont be racing. I will be bashing. And remember my spending limit is set at 250-270. Thanks.
Old 01-29-2006, 02:28 PM
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: treflip98

This isnt really helping to much. I need to know if the ss4300 will be faster than a 27t. Its brushless . It should be faster right?
I have heard (2nd hand) that the 4300 is not very good. The power is more than a stock motor but the power delivery is not very good, and cogging was pretty bad.

The only BL systems I have seen at the races are the GTB and the Sphere. No SS sytems. As far as which system...I saw about 5 Spheres crap out so far (and 1 GTB that actually caught fire) so consider that in your decision. I am not impressed with Sphere though they do rip, for a few laps.

My opinion for bashing if you have the money is the GTB 6.5. Its plenty of power yet doesnt cause havoc with your tranny like bigger motors may.
Old 01-29-2006, 02:37 PM

There is a review of the 5.5R in the February '06 RC Driver magazine. The reviewer had it in a hopped-up Pede and gave it a gleaming review.
Old 01-29-2006, 03:55 PM
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Metalhack

ORIGINAL: treflip98

This isnt really helping to much. I need to know if the ss4300 will be faster than a 27t. Its brushless . It should be faster right?
I have heard (2nd hand) that the 4300 is not very good. The power is more than a stock motor but the power delivery is not very good, and cogging was pretty bad.

The only BL systems I have seen at the races are the GTB and the Sphere. No SS sytems. As far as which system...I saw about 5 Spheres crap out so far (and 1 GTB that actually caught fire) so consider that in your decision. I am not impressed with Sphere though they do rip, for a few laps.

My opinion for bashing if you have the money is the GTB 6.5. Its plenty of power yet doesnt cause havoc with your tranny like bigger motors may.
Somebody lied to you or they were using duratrax 1500 shark battery packs when they ran it! I have the 4300 and I love it. Great torque and I havent tried a stock motor but I think its fair to say that its faster. Sooner or later I will get my brother to get a video of it because it seems to me that plenty of people are sleeping on the ss4300. Sure its the worst brushless motor but its an entry one and its great for that. Instead of insane top speeds, it gives me speeds in the 30's (havent radared this but Im pretty sure its getting up there) and really long runtimes. I actually dont get to enjoy the full runtime though because Im using 7-cell 3300's from smc and they make everything get hot even though its correctly geared. Not that big a problem though because for the first half of the battery I use for speed runs and general fast driving and then the second half I use it for jumping because its going a bit slower and I would hate to land rear first and break the magnets or soemthing on the motor. Thats the main thing Im worried about which is why I dont jump often with it. Also, the only time I noticed any cogging was when I was using my worst batteries (the duratrax shark ones) and they were basically dead I was fairly far away from the truck and my antena wire was cut. Thats it and Im pretty sure at that point, I cant really blame it too much on the system itself.

If you really are used to high speeds then the 4300 is not for you. Its perfect for me because of the area that I run in and if it was any faster then I would have to be tapping the brakes the whole time to avoid hitting stuff. If you have plenty of room to run I say you should get a gtb brushless motor. All of them look good to me so whichever one you want is going to be determined by your need for speed. Go with the lowest turn one for speed but lowest runtimes and if you are a runtime fanatic, go with the 4300 and 7-cells so it really gets moving.