Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

What Stadium truck?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 12:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Stadium truck?

Well I race at a track,and people only have the top of the line stuff.
I ask and people always Losi matt francis this and some other name kinwald or something,are the best and nothign else is acceptable.
Now are these people just on the hype of having the the most exspensive stuff out there and thats why its the best,or is it the truth?
I want a good racer,but also want it to be tough.I brought up that new Sportwerks Raven people kinda laughed.I dunno how good it will be but I ahve the sportwerks mayhem,and it was pretty tough it hung with the 1500 mugens,so Im just wondering what is a good stadium truck to race that wont break the bank,,,its not going to be my main class of race,,but just thought it might be fun to try it out.
Old 01-31-2006, 12:28 AM

Default RE: What Stadium truck?

It wont be as good as a xxx-t or t4, but it will be better than a rustler.
Old 01-31-2006, 12:51 AM

I had a T3 long ago,I liked that truck,they still one of the best?
or the xxxT's the best? what makes them so good,they just stronger,better parts?
Old 01-31-2006, 01:06 AM

rc10t4!!! this is what i have and what i know. it drives very smooth and alot of the guys at the track i go to run it. it's basically that or the losi matt francis xxx. i have both the factory team with all the graphite, titanium, and aluminum parts. i also have an rtr. the rtr electronics have all been upgraded. also, some losi guys have driven my truck and they've all said it handles and turns better then their losi. maybe i'm just biased towards associated, but i'm very glad i got the t4. i'd go with the t, you qon't be disappointed.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:08 AM

rc10t4!!! this is what i have and what i know. it drives very smooth and alot of the guys at the track i go to run it. it's basically that or the losi matt francis xxx. i have both the factory team with all the graphite, titanium, and aluminum parts. i also have an rtr. also, some losi guys have driven my truck and they've all said it handles and turns better then their losi. maybe i'm just biased towards associated, but i'm very glad i got the t4. i'd go with the t4, you won't be disappointed.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:27 AM
My Feedback: (1)

If you learn to drive you can be competative at the club level with many trucks. If you are not driving the truck to its limit then another truck may not help. Personally the biggest issue I see you having is getting setups correct. Tires are 80% so if you find the best tires for your truck you are set. You may need different tires than the T4 or the Losi. Because no one else has one you are on your own. Once you get it setup I will bet you can be in the top of the pack. Other items than the truck may make a difference also. If you have a base servo and they have mid to high end servos you will have a harder time with the truck. So let them laugh. I saw a guy with a Duratrax beat everyone at the local track before. It was close and he won. Now he has a t4. He has gained about another second on the pack. A good truck is nice but a well maintained truck of any type will probably beat a poorly maintained one.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:31 AM

the driver is 99% of the setup...
the other 1 percent is
80% tires
15% batteries
5% setup

I was running my evader and I could place 3'rd and 2'nd easily against MattFrancis 2's and Factory Team T4's....
Old 01-31-2006, 01:24 PM

The XXX-T MF2 and the FT T4 are pretty close to each other. Some People like me are losi fans and others will say that there is nothing better than the t4. I just depends which one you want.
Old 02-11-2006, 04:57 PM

I JUST GOT A XXXT TO RACE FOR FUN NITRO IS MY HOBBY. WHAT HOP UPS SHOULD I BE LOOKING AT? WANT A 19T MOD MOTER BUT I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ELECTRIC STUFF. MY TNX REVO SAV AND T-MAXX ALL HAVE MADE 1ST 2ND 3RD PLACE I WANT THE SAME WITH THIS TRUCK. IJUST STARTED BUYING XXXTMF GRAP. PARTS BECAUSE THEY SEEM LIKE THE BEST BUT I JUST DONT KNOW??? HELP A GUY OUT!!!
Old 02-11-2006, 11:01 PM

Geeze stop yelling at me
Old 02-11-2006, 11:03 PM

lose the caps
Old 02-11-2006, 11:48 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: SLOWREVO

I JUST GOT A XXXT TO RACE FOR FUN NITRO IS MY HOBBY. WHAT HOP UPS SHOULD I BE LOOKING AT? WANT A 19T MOD MOTER BUT I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ELECTRIC STUFF. MY TNX REVO SAV AND T-MAXX ALL HAVE MADE 1ST 2ND 3RD PLACE I WANT THE SAME WITH THIS TRUCK. IJUST STARTED BUYING XXXTMF GRAP. PARTS BECAUSE THEY SEEM LIKE THE BEST BUT I JUST DONT KNOW??? HELP A GUY OUT!!!
Typing in CAPS is the equilvilent of shouting. Please do not shout at me.
Old 02-12-2006, 01:51 AM

ORIGINAL: Doahh

the driver is 99% of the setup...
the other 1 percent is
80% tires
15% batteries
5% setup
True, but at my track the drivers are up to 99% skills. The other 1% then comes into play. The xxx-t is the best in my opinion. Pushed to the limits of running stock, this truck comes out on top at my track.

Also this is for hard packed dirt oval, where fractions of a second count when everyone is running great lines and hardly any crashes. On an offroad a can see it being different. It's more up to the good driver, any car that's set up can place high.

Your statistics are more for offroad though.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:17 AM
My Feedback: (-1)

Doahh, actually it is more like 95% driver's skills, and 5% car setup.

Profit of doom, a rc10T3 would be a good racer, because it is equal with the t4 in terms of geometry(by this I mean that the cars are equal. Both have excellent steering and suspension geometry and an excellent tranny.) But the T3 is far far tougher than the T4, and according to Speed Munkey, who owned both the T4 and MF2, he says that the T4 is the worst car ever made by Associated.