Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Trinity T-Spec

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 11:16 PM
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trinity T-Spec

I have been looking at the Trinity T-Spec for about a week now, & I am curious to know if anyone has one and/or what they think before I make the purchase. It does seem like a great deal. I checked out some reviews and it scores pretty well. Any thoughts?? Thanks.
Old 02-20-2006, 12:44 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Trinity T-Spec

I have one and its ehhhhhh. Its definately a great car when it runs but when it isnt running the problems occur. First off, this is my first and only TC so I guess there are better handling cars than this but man, I was impressed by the handling. Also, it is a great deal for the money. Full ball bearings, threaded shocks, adjustable junk, everything. The biggest problem though is the diffs. I put a SS4300 on 7-cells in mine and after awhile of running I eventually destroyed the diffs. Also changing gear mesh is a pain because you have to take off the whole top deck to access the othe motor screw. Its not that bad the first few tiems, but after awhile it gets repetative. The good thing is, the screws are very good. I have taken then out and put them back in many many many times and they have shown no signs of wear unlike my rc18mt screws which has screw heads made of wet clay. Also the car is kind of loud but it doesnt effect performance. Everything besides the diffs, motor mount, and noise, is great. Cheap price, and it gives you many features that are hopups for other cars similar to the price range. The biggest problem I see is that there are no hop-ups. If you are running in the spec class then this is fine but if you dont race then that could be a problem although I have yet to break a part yet. Its a great car for the price and perfect if you plan on using the stock motor or something around a 19t motor. I think the ss4300 on 7-cells is just a bit too much for it. Oh yea, you might want to pick up a spare set of tires too, the stock ones wear out quickly. I just wrapped mine in electrical tape and used them as drift tires once I wore them down enough. Its fun as a drifter too, and thats probably what ruined my diffs [&:].
Old 02-20-2006, 08:49 AM
My Feedback: (6)

Thanks Capone. I will keep all ths in mind before making any decisions.

Are there any others? [8D]
Old 02-21-2006, 10:46 PM

The T-Spec is ment to be raced against other T-Specs. If you want something to race against other cars or just bash I would get a TC4.