Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc
View Poll Results: A poll
mean
15.00%
funny
85.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

just mean or funny you tell me

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 09:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just mean or funny you tell me

I have an e rustler with a novak ss5800 and many other upgrades . Any way to the story . I have a neighbor who is always wanting to drive my truck but i always tell him no. (He has never drove a rc before)Well yesterday i went bashing just to test new parts . well the new parts held fine but the front bulk head where the king pins go cracked i knew this. Well he was out side today and ask if he could drive i said yes
well he was tiring to get the feel of the truck and could not keep it from doing donuts . when he hit his car tire and the front bulk head finally broke . I knew it would happen and was waiting for it . When it did i told him man you just broke a 450.00 truck please pay up . just messing with his mind . he started flipping out . i told him dude you broke it you buy it . had him going for about 30 minutes he even called my house . tiring to talk me in to not making him buy the truck . I finally told him what had really happened . and that the part was only 6 bucks to fix . but i bet he don't ask me to drive any more .[8D]
Old 03-02-2006, 09:18 PM

Default RE: just mean or funny you tell me

I would let my friends drive tyco... they have no appreciation for r/c and get this look on their face when they here I spent that much money on an r/c. But then to them they've never seen or drove a real r/c vehicle.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:20 PM

I bet you did break him of asking again, good job. Hey how does that motor work? Do you like it? I'm thinking of getting the SS4300 for my evader. I just want it to be as fast as a 12t motor but last longer and have better run times.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:21 PM

yea that is the way my neighbor is . just thought that it was some walmart toy .
Old 03-02-2006, 09:27 PM

i love the motor but i have not had any other brushless to compare it to . the only thing i would change is that i should have purchased the gtb instead of the super sport esc . with the gtb i could run any brushless moter that novak makes with the ssp all i can run is the ss4300 or the ss5800 .The gtb has a lot more motor chocies. the rustler runs like a scalded ape with the brushless .
Old 03-02-2006, 09:27 PM

I don't get too concerned about it..... I let friends drive mine all the time. Great way to get more people involved in the hobby. I got started many years ago driving a neighbors clod or USA-1 can't remember, and look what happened to me. I even let my 7yr old nephew drive my Neo one T4..... of course I limit the throttle some..... the kids a maniac. Can't wait to hand him a racer someday and see what he does on the track.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:31 PM

I don't mind letting some one drive if i offer. i just get tirerd of being pestered by him all the time . he is a grown man who acts like a ten year old . just not right .
Old 03-02-2006, 09:34 PM

I dont like the GTB, it can only handle 6 cells.... or did I read it wrong? How many cells can it handle.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:37 PM

Thats the only down side . i have found to it . the ssp will handle 7 cells . I know should have saved longer and got the neo or the hacker all well allways better and faster some where . [8D]
Old 03-02-2006, 09:43 PM

I don't blame you King I let people drive my rusty to but only when I offer. But most of the time adults bug me more than anyone!
Old 03-02-2006, 09:50 PM

hay rustynails i resemble that remark . I am 32 years old .[8D]
Old 03-02-2006, 09:51 PM

yeah novak should have bumped the GTB's cell rating up from 6 to 7. I think it's costing them quite a few sales which the sphere then gets
Old 03-02-2006, 09:53 PM

Yea, thats why im deciding on which to run for 1/10 scale racing and I like the idea of being able to run more cells. Maybe a hacker motor lol.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:57 PM

I agree with both of you but for now i have my novak . and will run it till it wont run no more . then i will see what is on the market . hopefully a lot more choice's by then
Old 03-02-2006, 10:46 PM

lol gj of defeating the neighbooraskerman! I got only a couple and they didnt want to pay for it.
Old 03-02-2006, 10:47 PM

dude i have a neighbour like that. he is 11. i am 13 . whenever he hears it he comes over to ask for a go but i always say no. he only has a nikko

ps he always crashes it
Old 03-02-2006, 10:57 PM

yea he is an allrite guy just does not under stand the cost invold to run it and the up keep . he can not even fix his own car door lock . he tried to fix it with a crow bar . long story any way i will be fixing it for him because it is unsafe for his kids now and i can't have that on my mind .
Old 03-03-2006, 12:30 PM

I have to go for funny on that one, but that's the kind of thing I find humorous.

I let a buddy of mine drive mine whenever he wants, but a) he knows it's not just a "toy" and b) I have my own set of keys for his truck that he gave me a while back. I figure that if he'll trust me to drive his Kenworth (yup, '99 T2000) then I can trust him to drive my R/C.
He actually pulled a similar thing on me a month ago with his KW, too. I was towing his 5th wheel home from a dog show and discovered that I didn't have much power when I hit the throttle. So I called him to see what's going on and he's like "no, it was working just fine when I left it, what the h@#$ did you do to my truck?!?" Turns out that he knew a turbo sensor was failing/failed so no turbo boost on the engine. $75 part, but man, he ribbed me about it for a few days before he told me what it was.

-K
Old 03-04-2006, 01:20 AM
My Feedback: (14)

Definitely funny from "our" point of view. Of course, not from his. And....uh, yeah, I bet he never asks to drive again. You know....I don't understand how these people think....cause when I got started, I was careful as hell. I found a wide open area and squeezed the trigger and then immediately let go.....accellerating and rolling to a stop. Then again.....and again. By the 3rd battery pack, I was holding half throttle and driving a straight line in the middle of the street. Now, I "show off" by driving with one hand...trigger finger and thumb controlling the wheel. I've seen some of my friends let someone else drive their car.....and that person just pulls the trigger and holds it wide open....even after crashing into something at 15-20 mph.....they're still floored with the broken front end dragging on the ground. And they are LAUGHING like they are having a good time???!!???!?!!! NOBODY drives my car without understanding what's going on. I give them the "lecture" of how it works....and if they act like they are not paying attention...they don't drive. Not to mention, if it's a kid that I'm letting drive....I'm 100% in control of the throttle. Of course, I'm ALWAYS willing to wrap my arms around the babes that are always interested in these cars and "help" them to drive. And, yes, they've all been over 18 yrs old!!!!! But, seriously, when I was at college....my R/C was a chix magnet....."Oh...that's so cute. Can I try it?" or "Wow. That thing is so fast....mind if I drive it?" Sigh......the good ole days. I'm glad you pulled the joke on your neighbor....although I wouldn't have done.....cause he wouldn't have drove my car. But, I'd been happy as hell to tell him where and how to buy one for himself. I might even let him borrow a battery pack?!?!!! Who knows..... Let's us know how he's responding to you now a days... Laters.
Old 03-04-2006, 01:30 AM

he is cool with what i did . He wants me to help him buy one .I know better though i would always be working on his car and mine. He is just not mechanically inclined. witch is very funny becuase he make very nice cabinets ,and is a manager of a sherman williams paint store.but a screwdriver in his hands is for drinking not working on anything . and he will tell you that to .[8D]
Old 03-04-2006, 01:53 AM

dude thats funny! not mean. I'm pretty mean though. When I race my brother I like to loosen up the lug nuts on his evader so his wheels start falling off about a minute into the run. I know i'm mean but he deserves it!
Old 03-04-2006, 02:06 AM

your rite that is mean i hate it when i see my car go one way and the wheel anothere.[X(]
Old 03-04-2006, 02:18 AM

haha we were running at night one time and didn't find one of his wheels until the next day! It was way out in the yard and the dog had been chewing on it.
Old 03-04-2006, 12:17 PM

haha funny well i have had one freind drive my rc but he was the guy who got me into rc and he had driven before so i wasent worried about it.

but by the way funny.

-brandon
Old 03-04-2006, 06:31 PM

i've so done the lug loosen sabotage before.
thats good stuff.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.