Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Racing Buggy Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 07:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Racing Buggy Help

Alright guys, I new to the electric scene, I'm a nitro man myself. However I bought my son a Nitro Evader and out of 4 races we went to he was only able to compete in 1 race due to breakage. Yesterday we raced and the owner of track and lhs let him race his electric Losi XXX, and he won second in the novice class. Needless to say he has ditched any love for Nitro and he wants an electric buggy. We race on a hardpacked clay track, very tight with a lot of technical areas. I am going to buy him a buggy next weekend and I'm looking for some input. The 2 buggy's I am looking at was the Losi XXX and the AE RC10B4 in Kit form. I have a Spektrum radio and servos for him but I need help on the motor speed control and batteries. Oh and by the way I really don't want to spend more than $500, so no brushless, can't run them at our track anyway.

Thanks,

Rob
Old 04-09-2006, 07:30 PM

Default RE: Racing Buggy Help

Brushless is legal. Why no brushless? The owner of the track must make good money on comm turns and brushes.
Anyway, both of those buggy's are awesome. You can't go wrong. I'm guessing your son will be racing stock class when he graduates from novice? If that's the case, there are so many options. I'd start with good batteries IB3800's or better and see how your budget looks after that. The ESC's for a stock motor will range from $20 to $200. For a motor, the Monster motors are good and a lot of people are talking about the Trinity CO27.
Old 04-09-2006, 07:49 PM

or a p2k2 pro and a tekin esc and some 3300 to 4200 nimh packs! then get a 19 turn chameleon 2 pro motor once he can handle more speed!
Old 04-09-2006, 07:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if u wait a bit losi has come out with a new xx its a xx-4 worlds ed its sposed to be wicked and is 4wd (i race a old xx and it rocks i place at least 4 out of 7 every race with it ) the xx-4 has got a mid motor mount and saddle bat pack the speed is rated at38.96mph with a epic shock 10 t double

im looking at it right now in themay issue of rc driver and its def gonna be my next racer
Old 04-09-2006, 09:33 PM

ORIGINAL: GENERAL LEE 01

or a p2k2 pro and a tekin esc and some 3300 to 4200 nimh packs! then get a 19 turn chameleon 2 pro motor once he can handle more speed!
I completely agree with all of that.
P2K2 kicks butt and lasts forever with proper care.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:55 AM

Thanks for the help, I'm putting my order in today. BTW i have a Duratrax intellapeak charger, it should be fine to charge his batteries for a while shouldn't it, or do I need to upgrade to the ICE?