Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Need repair advice - Evader ST

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need repair advice - Evader ST

Well, I have good news and bad news. The good news is that my earlier battery problem has been solved (the charger was showing "peak charge" far too early). The bad news is that I had a bit of an accident with my Evader, and now need some advice on how to repair it.

The rear tire clipped a pole going at medium speed, and the plastic strut that connects the tire to the main chassis broke off (clean break at the point where it meets the main chassis). Since this is obviously a weight-bearing component, I'm guessing I need something better than the superglue I have lying around.

I'd appreciate any advice on what kind of adhesive I might use. Secondly, I'm thinking I may need some kind of "splint" bridging the break, to provide additional support. Again, I'm a newbie so I'd appreciate any advice in pure layman's terms. Thanks for the help...
Old 04-16-2006, 05:47 PM

Default RE: Need repair advice - Evader ST

No glue. Get your manual and identify the broken part or parts. Find them, buy them, replace them.
Old 04-16-2006, 06:06 PM
My Feedback: (325)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

rear plate?
Old 04-16-2006, 06:52 PM

I CA glued a front A-arm that broke on my brother's evader pro. It was christmas day when he broke it so I just wanted to give him a quick fix. I thought it was a waste of time but it didn't break until 2 months later. You want to know what was REALLY STRANGE?? the second time it broke, it was NOT where it had been glued. It was a NEW BREAK! unbelievable. If you want a quick fix-- you can CA glue it and let it dry in a vice so it will set real tight.
Old 04-16-2006, 07:10 PM

It was probably the toe in block, they are known for breaking. The good news is there is a kit coming out very soon to help prevent those blocks from breaking so easy. You will still need to replace the broken part but when this kit comes out you need to get one to keep it from breaking again.
Old 04-16-2006, 07:31 PM

ORIGINAL: raz54

It was probably the toe in block, they are known for breaking. The good news is there is a kit coming out very soon to help prevent those blocks from breaking so easy. You will still need to replace the broken part but when this kit comes out you need to get one to keep it from breaking again.
Really???
Where can I find more info on that?
Aside from the front bumper, that's the only thing I've broken on my ST Pro.
Old 04-16-2006, 09:05 PM

All the info will be out soon on where to get the kits and how much. I think they are going to save us evader owners a lot of money on toe in blocks. Just keep an eye out here for details.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:47 PM

Thanks guys! It was the rear plate, and being a newbie, it hadn't really occurred to me that I could get a replacement part pretty easily. I went to the local hobby shop today, and they had the part in stock. It took me 30 minutes to swap it out at home. Now my Evader's as good as new! I'm looking forward to running it outside tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone for being so helpful - first on the battery and then on the repair. Much appreciated.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:17 PM

Please post any further Evader related questions in the The Evader Coalition thread.
thnx