Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Novak's new 1/18th scale Brushless System

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 01:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Novak's new 1/18th scale Brushless System

I don't believe there is a confirmed name for the system yet, let alone too much info other than this:

http://www.teamnovak.com/products/br...tor/index.html

Here is a video with the system running a 2s li-po going 33mph in a slightly heavier kyosho + stock gearing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLvbnLL9RBw

The system will be able to handle a 3s li-po, and the best part is that it's sensored as well.

Sensors + 3s li-po = Should be amazing!

All the above information is from www.teamnovak.com and a post by "NOVAKESC" on youtube. The video is using a prototype of the brushless system.

My opinion:

It's awesome to have a sensored 380 sized brushless system. The "system" will be able to handle 3s li-po, according to NovakEsc. So not only will you have that smooth control varied through out the whole throttle curve, but you'll be able to plug a 3s in that sucker!

By looking at that picture, that motor is super close to the drive shaft. I also like the ribs on the motor (for looks at least if nothing else).
Old 09-14-2007, 02:12 PM

Default RE: Novak's new 1/18th scale Brushless System

that looks soo cool!! i hope they put the purple sticker on it too, so it looks exactly the same
Old 09-14-2007, 02:18 PM

thats probably a tekin or CC spy taking cell phone video, lol sike, thats pretty cool. but i dont know why u would want a sensored system. knowing novak it only has a 6 cell limit. lol cant wait to c the esc
Old 09-14-2007, 02:53 PM

Wow that is pretty cool. I think that is the first sensored micro brushless system too, right?
Old 09-14-2007, 04:08 PM

ORIGINAL: brushlessboy16

thats probably a tekin or CC spy taking cell phone video, lol sike, thats pretty cool. but i dont know why u would want a sensored system. knowing novak it only has a 6 cell limit. lol cant wait to c the esc
No, it will handle a 3s li-po, thats the best part about it. A Novak Tech stated so himself. "NOVAKESC" , on youtube. There is a thread on another group of forums, with a Novak Techie referring to the speed run in the video, so it's not a fake video.

I'm pretty sure I can't link the other forums here, but it's a post by Steve Weiss, one of the engineers on the team.

So yea, expect a 3s li-po capability.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:10 PM

ok, thanks, but with the power todays batteries put out do u really need sensors? its not gonna cog unless u gear it to the moon on a 3lb car
Old 09-14-2007, 05:12 PM

Sensors will always offer the smoother throttle control.

Besides, the one complaint ppl had with sensored systems is the fact they were so limited in cell count... but now that it can handle a 3s li-po, and that it has sensors, I don't see a single bad out-come out of this, in fact it seems superior to all sensorless systems with a 3s cap off as well, simply because this has sensors on TOP of the same level of voltage.

Not only will you have smooth control thanks to the sensors, you'll get the power that you get with a sensorless system. Best of both worlds kind of, I guess.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: brushlessboy16

Sensored has the best throttle control, Novak makes racing electronics, not toys like Mambas.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:18 PM

Why stop at 3s? Why not 4s or 5s? 3s right now is the de-facto standard, with most of the major players supporting it.
Glad to see they went with a full-size 380 motor, not a slimmer motor like the CM20.
I don't think it will be as revolutionary as the mamba, how much more faster can you get a mini going than the 60-70mph range without lifting off the ground(?)
How many people formally race minis? Every mini setup I've seen is bashing only.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:50 PM

ORIGINAL: Access
How many people formally race minis? Every mini setup I've seen is bashing only.
Well perhaps this can change a few things, most probably not, but the fact it will have smooth throttle control may just convince some racers to give it a shot, especially those with a little extra time and cash.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:42 PM

OH H E DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS YEAH. That is sweet. My friends and i sold our mamba systems because we didnt like the low end throttle response, and trust me we tried everything that castle said to do and plenty other things, just to get it right. NOVAK, you are my hero, and i will be the first to say, and i dont care who bashes me. These mini systems are going to put the mambas down with the brushed can motors.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ftt4maniac

OH H E DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS YEAH. That is sweet. My friends and i sold our mamba systems because we didnt like the low end throttle response, and trust me we tried everything that castle said to do and plenty other things, just to get it right. NOVAK, you are my hero, and i will be the first to say, and i dont care who bashes me. These mini systems are going to put the mambas down with the brushed can motors.
I won't bash you..I hear ya..