Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

30 series beadlock rims for rusty

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 09:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 30 series beadlock rims for rusty

Where can I find rims like this. I am so tired of replacing tires/rims every other weak. I need some beadlock rims for my Rustler, and I like bigger rims w/lower profile tires. I can't even find any 30 series beadlocks but I seen them in a magazine so I know they exist. Also reccomend some good road tires to fit them. I have been using RPM claws with pro-line road rage tires. These seem to last the longest since I do a lot of on road high speed runs. I even duck tape the wheels and they don't last more than a couple weeks with the mamba 5700 and 3s 5000's. I have another question: do beadlock rims hold the tires on with power like this? I can't keep tires glued on very well, they seem to blow off every couple runs and I thought I knew how to glue tires pretty well. I have to reglue them often.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:16 PM

Default RE: 30 series beadlock rims for rusty

Haha. I have the same problem with my tires. I'm using the 2.8" Anacondas in the rear, and one of the rear tires' edge partially ripped from the glued bead area, so I had to reglue it, and it still came off after a few minutes....

I can't say I've seen beadlocks used for high speed use, but if you tighten them enough, I guess it would be better than buying a whole new set of wheels as well as tires....
Old 09-18-2007, 10:35 PM

I use aluminium beadlocks and have yet to blow off a tire at high speeds. And I haven't even taped the tires.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:28 PM

The only beadlocks that I know of that will even fit a rusty are these. I have them and they are great!

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXRGT1&P=ML
Old 09-19-2007, 03:37 PM

If you want a bullitproof beadlock, check out RC4WD.com. I got them on my rusty.

Old 09-19-2007, 09:35 PM

ORIGINAL: snellemin

If you want a bullitproof beadlock, check out RC4WD.com. I got them on my rusty.

Which ones are those? What wheels? Also which pro-line body is that? My rusty used to be a bandit and I'm still running the buggy body because I can't find a body I like. Actually I did but the one I like is the Pro-Line Desert Rat for the rusty, but my hobby shop said it won't be available until mid or late October.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:44 PM

hey those 2.2 beadlocks do they also make them to accept pins for the losi XXXT, or are they hex, and if they are hex anybody know of any hex adapters?
Old 09-19-2007, 09:44 PM

Those are the beadlocks from RC4WD.com. I got the nitro wheels setup. The body is the Pro-line crowd pleazer 2.0 Razor edition for a Revo 3.3.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:49 PM

ORIGINAL: cheech4

hey those 2.2 beadlocks do they also make them to accept pins for the losi XXXT, or are they hex, and if they are hex anybody know of any hex adapters?
Mine are 12mm hex in the rear and bearings in the front. About adapters...you can check at RC4WD.com, Neweramodels.com or jpspro.com.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:33 PM

WOW! Those beadlocks cost more than my whole truck... Man I hate it when prices are so inflated... [X(]

But damn they look good!
Old 09-19-2007, 11:11 PM

There is an alternative to those expensive beadlocks. There is an korean company that makes the plastice versions.....>>www.junfac.com/