Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Wire two batterys together

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 09:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wire two batterys together

Can i wire two IB4200 mah battery's together to double the mah but keep the 7.2v?
Old 09-19-2007, 09:41 PM

Default RE: Wire two batterys together

Yes wire them parallel......this will keep the Voltage the same but increase the mAh's.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:44 PM

Thanks.How do i wire them in parallel then hook them to the esc?
Old 09-19-2007, 10:51 PM

You take the + from one and connect it to the + from the other, then the - from one and attach it to the - of the other. That will give you 8400 mah, 7.2 volts, and a HEAVY car. What's it for?
Old 09-20-2007, 07:30 AM

If your using Deans connectors you can also purchase a harness like this one. http://www.maxamps.com/products.php?cat=69&pg=4 Look at the third from the bottom.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:37 AM

red wire to red wire
black wire to black wire
solder all connections

tower sells a y connector for tamiya too if thats what ya got
Old 09-20-2007, 07:53 AM
My Feedback: (325)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Disconnect them to charge seperately. They may give problems chargeing together.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:39 AM

It's for a 4x4 stampede that i built useing a pede trany in the front and a pede trany in the rear.But the front motor needs to spin the oposite direction as the rear.I want to run two 550 motors cause i have the novak super duty esc and i can't find any 550 motors that are sold with one spinning colckwise and one spinning counter clockwise.Anyone no what i could do?
Old 09-20-2007, 08:48 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This one spins backward:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXUU50&P=7

So is this one:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBYM9&P=7
Old 09-20-2007, 09:20 AM

ORIGINAL: ridgewalker

It's for a 4x4 stampede that i built useing a pede trany in the front and a pede trany in the rear.But the front motor needs to spin the oposite direction as the rear.I want to run two 550 motors cause i have the novak super duty esc and i can't find any 550 motors that are sold with one spinning colckwise and one spinning counter clockwise.Anyone no what i could do?

I think that question's been answered in your other thread. You simply hook up the front motor's wires backwards to the ESC so that the Red wire goes to the black wire of the ESC and the Black wire goes to the Red wire of the ESC. Test it and if it goes in the right direction, you're set, otherwise switch the connections around again and that'll do it. The 12T Titan motors as someone pointed out twice, is 0' timing so it goes the same speed forward and backward, so you shouldn't have any problems with the motors trying to spin at different speeds.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:21 AM

Hi, since its about the battery, I too have another question though. If I take two rechargeable Nimh square battery, they are 8.4v and have around 800 something mah, will it be adequate enough to power an rc car? I have a half8 mini inferno.
Thanks.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:28 AM

I'm not sure what a square Nimh battery is, but if it's for a half8 or Mini Inferno (aren't they two separate cars?) you should be alright, though they won't give you really good runtime and maybe lacky performance depending on their physical size. Can you tell if the individual cells are like 2/3 size AA cells? If they are 2/3 A (little thicker than AA batteries, they will work better and not heat up as much. If they're AAA sized or thickness, I wouldn't really recommend it, because the amp draw will heat them up a lot. I think.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:31 AM

I wouldn't try the half8 batteries. One of those batteries cant power one 540 motor, so why should two of those batteries be able to power two 540's?

I replied to your other thread about motor timing with a diagram........
Old 09-20-2007, 09:51 AM

ORIGINAL: JAM MaxAmps

If your using Deans connectors you can also purchase a harness like this one. http://www.maxamps.com/products.php?cat=69&pg=4 Look at the third from the bottom.
Or make your own. That's what I did.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:04 PM

ORIGINAL: hands without shadows

I wouldn't try the half8 batteries. One of those batteries cant power one 540 motor, so why should two of those batteries be able to power two 540's?

I replied to your other thread about motor timing with a diagram........
I think that guy is talking about running a Half 8, which is 1/16th or something. I was under the impression it ran on a 380 motor or similar, not 540 sizes. So yeah those little batteries would melt trying to provide power to a 540 motor, but if it's a smaller 370-380 it should be ok...
Old 09-21-2007, 07:25 AM

I'm not sure what a square Nimh battery is, but if it's for a half8 or Mini Inferno (aren't they two separate cars?) you should be alright, though they won't give you really good runtime and maybe lacky performance depending on their physical size. Can you tell if the individual cells are like 2/3 size AA cells? If they are 2/3 A (little thicker than AA batteries, they will work better and not heat up as much. If they're AAA sized or thickness, I wouldn't really recommend it, because the amp draw will heat them up a lot. I think.
Yes, the half8 mini inferno is 1/16. The square battery I talked about is like the ones that used in the remote gate opener. They are 9v. But the rechargeable Nimh ones I think is 8.4v, but has only under 1000 mAh. A standard half8 can take up to 9.4v, so I would try another type of battery to save some weights before I purchase a 8 cell pack. Right now I'm running with 6 cell Nimh battery from my rc helicopter, it has 650 mAh, runs fine, a bit more punch but not enough run time.
What does 2/3A means? and how many does a rechargeable Nimh has?
Thanks again.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:06 AM

ORIGINAL: nis300zx

Yes, the half8 mini inferno is 1/16. The square battery I talked about is like the ones that used in the remote gate opener. They are 9v. But the rechargeable Nimh ones I think is 8.4v, but has only under 1000 mAh. A standard half8 can take up to 9.4v, so I would try another type of battery to save some weights before I purchase a 8 cell pack. Right now I'm running with 6 cell Nimh battery from my rc helicopter, it has 650 mAh, runs fine, a bit more punch but not enough run time.
What does 2/3A means? and how many does a rechargeable Nimh has?
Thanks again.
Remote gate opener 9v alkaline batteries or their Nimh equivalents are not meant for high drain r/c applications. You'd ruin them, if that's in fact the battery that you are talking about. They can't provide the amps the motor needs and will quickly heat up, and really not work well, but for a while they just might.

2/3 is just the length of the cell. AA is your normal AA sized battery, a 2/3 AA cell is 2/3 as long, an A cell is not commonly used, but 2/3A are used for most 1:18-1:14 scale r/c.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:28 AM

Thanks, all clear now.
Old 09-21-2007, 05:10 PM

So how do you wire in series?
Old 09-22-2007, 03:54 PM

ORIGINAL: Big House

So how do you wire in series?
That's easy. You take the + (red) wire and attach it to the - (black) wire of the other battery. Then you use the free ends, - (black) from the first and + (red) from the second one and hook those to your ESC. You'll have increased voltage but same capacity.