Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

t4 tranny

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 11:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default t4 tranny

I just got a t4 like 2 weeks ago and i was driveing it yesterday and then it started making a clicking sound coming from the tranny now if i hit the gas only one tire spins and if i turn the wheel that dosent spin the other wheel spins.Does any body know what broke so i know before i take apart the tranny.

thanks Mike
Old 09-20-2007, 11:59 AM

Default RE: t4 tranny

This is the enjoyment of rc.....its hard to tell without taking it apart. Have fun and keep us posted. be sure to check your diff trust spring tension and your slipper spring tension. it might be something as simple as that.

cody
Old 09-20-2007, 12:53 PM

i pulled it apart and nothing looks broken and i put it back together and its a little tight and same problem
Old 09-20-2007, 03:11 PM

Do you have the manual for it? If so, adjust/tighten the diff to the specs stated... if not, crank it up until the plastic T-nut ( white plastic thing behind where the dog bone seats) until it touches the diff body, then back it off 1/4 -1/2 turn. It sounds like yours was, and still is too loose.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:21 PM
My Feedback: (8)

maybe you stripped out a wheel...take the rear wheels off and see if one of them has been stripped out.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:38 AM
My Feedback: (1)

check the diff tightness, check the stripped hex and check to see if you lost an axle pin