Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Nitro vs Electric

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 05:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nitro vs Electric

I've run Nitro and electric, and I really prefer Electric. Nitro is great if you are away from other people(country type areas), but if you live in a city, electric is by far easier and more neighbor friendly. Also, nitro makes a real mess of its chassis if you have any exhaust leaks or spill fuel. The Revo is now setup for electric operation so that I don't need to worry about the mess or hassle of the fuel, glowplugs, or massive cleanup. All that, and nitros require a lot of after run maintenance in order to keep them running well. That doesn't even touch on the tuning requirements. Temperature changes while you're running and you'll either be running rich or lean. Don't get me wrong, nitro has its place and is a lot of fun to run, but I don't have the time or resources to keep buying fuel, plugs, clutches, and other nitro gear. Electrics do wear out gears, but no where near as fast as nitro, especially when running in sandy areas. To give you an idea, I completely wore out a slipper gear on my Revo running in sand in 1 afternoon. My electric ran in the same area, and afterwards I only needed to blow the sand out of the chassis and it was ready to go again. If someone can figure out a way to make the slipper and clutch bell area of a nitro enclosed like the are on most electrics, then Nitro would have a better run with me, but I haven't seen or thought of a way to do that yet. Just my 2cents.
Old 11-04-2007, 05:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nitro vs Electric

Your pretty much right. I've never ran in sand before though.[:-]