Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more
 Strongest 1:10 4WD buggy drivetrain for stupid-fast brushless? >

Strongest 1:10 4WD buggy drivetrain for stupid-fast brushless?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Strongest 1:10 4WD buggy drivetrain for stupid-fast brushless?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 11:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strongest 1:10 4WD buggy drivetrain for stupid-fast brushless?

Here's the idea...a stupid fast buggy. I have a Durga with a Novak 8.5 brushless, and between the slipper slipping/belts hopping (my fault for not keeping after the tension, waiting for parts again, lol), I'm thinking of just slapping a Mamba Max with maybe a 6900 kv motor into ....... And that is the question, what buggy has the strongest drivetrain? I'm thinking of going with a geared drivetrain for this idea, but which one? B44? Dark Impact style? Or ???
Old 08-14-2008, 05:42 AM

Default RE: Strongest 1:10 4WD buggy drivetrain for stupid-fast brushless?

The durgas bigger brother
Old 08-14-2008, 06:24 AM

If you don't mind 2wd, I would say get the Tamiya Neo Falcon. It uses the same (DT02) chassis as my brothers Super Fighter G, which has a solidly built tranny. Plus, it comes with oil shocks.
Old 08-14-2008, 06:47 AM

tamiya df 02, no slipper, no sissy ball diffs, center shaft and cvds recommended for brushless, stock its very rugged but with some homemade hinge pin braces it goes from good to great toughness wise but considering frames are $5-10 depending on where you get them if you don't want to take 10 minutes and drill a couple holes in a piece of aluminum. I like the mm 4600 on 3s geared the lowest (70/16 FDR 11.30) with 4 inch truck tires for bashing but you can see in the video below it will handle 6900 and 3s with buggy tires however I will make no assumptions about the heat as the 5700 would run 190 on 3s after just a 3-4 minutes of stupid fast bashing never got it to themal but never really pushed it hard for more than a couple minutes, honestly it was fast and stupid enough that I only wanted to concentrate that hard for 2-3 minutes at a time. You can get various aluminum parts, some cf, spools, one ways, ball diffs if you want them as it takes the same gear case as the tt 01

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bfhu1GEu9TM
Old 08-14-2008, 06:58 AM

ORIGINAL: SidewaysLS4

Here's the idea...a stupid fast buggy. I have a Durga with a Novak 8.5 brushless, and between the slipper slipping/belts hopping (my fault for not keeping after the tension, waiting for parts again, lol), I'm thinking of just slapping a Mamba Max with maybe a 6900 kv motor into ....... And that is the question, what buggy has the strongest drivetrain? I'm thinking of going with a geared drivetrain for this idea, but which one? B44? Dark Impact style? Or ???
I run a Novak 6.5 in a B44, no problems at all.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:44 AM

i run a sidewinder w/5700 in my zx-5. only parts i keep braking are the front drive shafts. but a good set of CVD style shafts will fix that. when you consider they are only around 215$ now its a good deal. oh, replace the stock motor mount with a 13$ 3 racing piece, its held in with more screws so it wont bend.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:19 AM
My Feedback: (3)

Just make sure to go with shaft drive and not belt drive. Gear diffs will handle the power better than ball diffs also.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:23 AM

I also vote for the df-02, they are priced very reasonable, fairly easy to build, and have a diff and tranny that will take alot of power. Tamiyas are known to have tough trannies, I am still trying my best to kill the one in my super blackfoot without success :P
Old 08-14-2008, 10:24 AM

I also vote for the df-02, they are priced very reasonable, fairly easy to build, and have a diff and tranny that will take alot of power. Tamiyas are known to have tough trannies, I am still trying my best to kill the one in my super blackfoot without success :P Lunchboxer on here is running a 7000kv brushless with lipo on his tamiya stadium blitzer drivetrain and it's holding as well.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:23 AM

ORIGINAL: SidewaysLS4

how many kv is a novak 8.5 brushless motor? is it the same as a castle 5700kv motor?