Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc
View Poll Results: A poll
Traxxas
54.35%
Losi
45.65%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Traxxas vs. Losi

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 04:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traxxas vs. Losi

There has been a lot of conflict between fanboys of each brand so this will give them a place to argue all they want. Try not to mention other brands like AE and Tamiya etc.

Is Losi or Traxxas more innovative?
Old 08-14-2008, 04:29 PM

Default RE: Traxxas vs. Losi

i like traxxa's driveshafts (full universals vs CVD's)
and i like their marketing to the younger hobbiest.

BUT i also like most of losi's trucks.

BUT NEITHER OF THEM MAKE A TRUE 1/10 ELECTRIC 4WD TRUCK!!!!!!
traxxas make the E-revo and E-maxx but they are more like 1/9th scale and need 2 batts.

some of you know hte HBX bonzer, i'd like to see a REVO in that size

and maby it's up to ma to make one[>:]

shaun
Old 08-14-2008, 04:30 PM

They are both great.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:36 PM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Frozen72
That is a pretty innovative question....................................

I would have to go with Traxxas.

Traxxas has released and re-released the Rustler/Bandit/Stampede, 4 times each (original, XL10, XL5, VXL). But yet they all use the same parts as the originals.
Wasn't the T-Maxx the first MT to make an impact and one of the most popular MT's to ever. I think they are now on theur 4th version of it to.
Then you have the E-Maxx great electric MT and 3 different versions.
Then you have the Revo and E-Revo also great trucks............................

You can call me a Traxxas fanboy....................... but I have also owned 15 Losi vehicles over the years.

But for some reason I always go back to Traxxas, maybe that is because my 8 LHS all carry parts for the Traxxas vehicles or maybe it is because you can pickup and old Stampede for $40 and upgrade the tranny in it and "BOOM" you have the VXL version......................................

Or maybe it is because I lived in the Dallas area and that is were Traxxas is located.............................

GO TRAXXAS........................................... ........

Old 08-14-2008, 04:38 PM

This is gonna end up badly. it all depends on the forum you are on. On RCUniverse Traxxas is very popular and alot of bashers come here. On rctech, which I prefer because they have alot more racers, would no doubt give the edge to losi. I know that Losi is gonna lose because not as many people have a Losi than a Traxxas here. On rctech it would be the other way around. I like Losi because they make quality race vehicles and that is all I do, race. I really dont care about durability. If you crash you deserve to break a part because it will teach you not to crash. Losi vehicles are very durable. LST2, 8ight and 8ight-T, xxx-nt and xxx-t, no one who has them said they are not durable. It is the people who's friend said he knew a friend who didnt like losi or what you hear somwhere.

Since this thread is on innovative look this this pic, xx-4 I think it is.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37127.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	185.5 KB
ID:	1011619  
Old 08-14-2008, 04:39 PM

[/quote]

Or maybe it is because I lived in the Dallas area and that is were Traxxas is located.............................

[/quote]
that where i live
Old 08-14-2008, 04:40 PM

I can see this thread getting nasty but I would say traxxas isnt really innovative
Innovative:
Successful practices that lead to fast or fertile innovation and new product development.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:42 PM
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: Frozen72

There has been a lot of conflict between fanboys of each brand so this will give them a place to argue all they want. Try not to mention other brands like AE and Tamiya etc.

This goes on frequently enough as it is. I hardly find a thread dedicated to it necessary.
Personally, I think both are not very innovative. The most recent vehicles are just examples of taking the front and rear bulkheads (including suspension) of an existing car of theirs and making a different chassis for it. The examples being the Slash and many versions of the Mini T.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:47 PM

Oh and I didn't vote because I don't think either is innovative.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:51 PM

Neither did I.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:03 PM

ok, lets settle this. Losi "created" the 1/18 scene. Without the mini t there would be no Vendetta, no RC18 series, none of those. And you wouldnt say they created the 1/36 scale seen because there has yet to be one out. But the mini-t was truck of the year a coupleyears ago, in 2002 I think the xxx-nt was car of the year, and in 2007 the micro t was car of the year. those years might be a little off.

Traxxas "created" the corr style although that Losi xxx-4 with the corr body makes me think twice as it is 10x more realistic than the slash.

Since traxxas came out with a corr truck, AE is doing that too but I dont think it will do good. nitro 1/8? Associated I dont think has never had any wow, that was innovative cars. Correct me if im wrong.

But Tamiya is by farr the most innovative company.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:09 PM

Double post.........................................
Old 08-14-2008, 05:15 PM

ORIGINAL: Chris_RC

ok, lets settle this. Losi "created" the 1/18 scene. Without the mini t there would be no Vendetta, no RC18 series, none of those. And you wouldnt say they created the 1/36 scale seen because there has yet to be one out. But the mini-t was truck of the year a coupleyears ago, in 2002 I think the xxx-nt was car of the year, and in 2007 the micro t was car of the year. those years might be a little off.

Traxxas "created" the corr style although that Losi xxx-4 with the corr body makes me think twice as it is 10x more realistic than the slash.

Since traxxas came out with a corr truck, AE is doing that too but I dont think it will do good. nitro 1/8? Associated I dont think has never had any wow, that was innovative cars. Correct me if im wrong.

You could be right about the Mini craze. But I am sure if Traxxas was to make a Mini it would out sell the Losi and who knows maybe they would have had a better diff setup then what is in the MLST series......................

You just think it is more realistic because it is a Losi.................

And as far as Tamiya is concerned, they have been around longer then most RC companies. But Tamiya isn't included in this poll.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:24 PM

I would vote Tamiya. They have so many different cars, trucks and buggies.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:25 PM

Technically HPI created the 1/18 scale class with the Micro RS4 (being the first), but it is indeed arguable that Losi's Mini T started the craze going stronger.

Again, Traxxas didn't create the CORR style trucks. Thunder Tech actually had something of the same style truck, but of a much higher quality. Unfortunately they were incredibly late with production (I'm not even sure if they ever shipped anything by now) and lost popularity. You might even consider Tamiya's S10 and F-150 race trucks to be an earlier predecessor.

However, I totally agree with your last statement. Tamiya is indeed the most innovative company out there now.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:26 PM

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

You could be right about the Mini craze. But I am sure if Traxxas was to make a Mini it would out sell the Losi and who knows maybe they would have had a better diff setup then what is in the MLST series......................

You just think it is more realistic because it is a Losi.................

And as far as Tamiya is concerned, they have been around longer then most RC companies. But Tamiya isn't included in this poll.
Do you agree that if losi sells the same product as Traxxas with the same parts the Traxxas would sell better?

The MLST2 has all metal diffs.

Lets see which one is more realistic....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88734.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	122.1 KB
ID:	1011677   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf12835.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	185.5 KB
ID:	1011678  
Old 08-14-2008, 05:31 PM

Actually Thundertech created the first "corr" rc truck. As far as the general style, Tamiya's Toyota Prerunner, Chevy S10, and Ford f-150 race trucks were released over ten years ago. Not only were these trucks before Traxxas and Losi's, but they are FAR more realistic.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:37 PM

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........................

The Losi has a buggy body under the truck body, so that doesn't look to realistic.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:43 PM

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........................

The Losi has a buggy body under the truck body, so that doesn't look to realistic.
confused why they did that. [&:]
Old 08-14-2008, 05:44 PM

I think it was meant to be a protective cover. Would have looked better painted black. I still like the look of Losi more, though. The narrower tires look better on the Losi too. I never realized how wide the Slash's tires were until I saw it from that angle.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:47 PM

traxxas started the monster truck with the t-maxx

it wasn't the first, but the first to sell in large quantities

without traxxas's tmaxx, there would be no
losi LST, LST2
HPI Savage
AE (whatever it's called MT)

Traxxas also has recently started the Corr truck, once again they may not be the first, but they're the first ones to do it right and sell in large numbers

traxxas starts products to go in directions that are new and different from the standard in RC, they don't compete with the other makers as much as they start new niches and then other makers follow them.

Losi imo does make better products than Traxxas, and they were really the guys who made mini's popular. Losi has good ideas, but they don't seem to be able to generate the buzz and sales success that traxxas does

do people remember the ford model T as the innovative first car? yes they do, but was the ford model T the first car, not by a long shot
Old 08-14-2008, 05:49 PM

Yes TT made the 1st corr truck but it isnt even out yet. And it didnt take off like the traxxas slash.

I too like the xx-4 with a truck body on it for realism. Take away that white buggy body though!!! I will have to email Losi if they still have that xx-4 with that body on it. Would be nice if they rereleased it (again) with the corr style body.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:51 PM

Just because they sell more doesn't make them better in any way. It just means that Traxxas' marketing department is doing a better job at pushing products.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:53 PM

ORIGINAL: sloppyG

Traxxas also has recently started the Corr truck, once again they may not be the first, but they're the first ones to do it right and sell in large numbers.
...and how exactly do you know that Traxxas sold any more than Tamiya?
Old 08-14-2008, 05:55 PM

My 2 cents Losi makes a better truck out the box.RTR

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.