Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc
View Poll Results: A poll
Blue RPM parts
44.12%
Black RPM parts
44.12%
Other (I don't know what for..)
11.76%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Black Vs Blue RPM

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 11:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black Vs Blue RPM

IMO RPM is the best aftermarket company out there. I have their A-arms, bumper, dust cover, bearing carriers, etc. My question to you guys is do you think I should use my blue or black arms? Blue is cool because it's kind of RPM's color. Black is cool because it looks stock, doesn't show scrapes as much, goes with any color body, etc. Right now I have all these parts in both colors. I have used black for a while, but the blue does look pretty cool. This is not only for my car (Stampede), but just in general. Blue is much more popular, but I just really like the black, just looks very clean. What do you guys think? Just as a FYI, I use a orange C10 Chevy, and a stock red XL-5 body. I go through bodies constantly, so don't base your vote just on that.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:06 AM

Default RE: Black Vs Blue RPM

Use both! Black for the lowers since it doesn't show wear and tear as much, and blue for the uppers because they are more visible...IMO.

John
Old 08-19-2008, 12:53 AM

i like blue...
but i got stuck with black and now i'm gonna complete the black theme lol

shaun
Old 08-19-2008, 10:23 AM

I like the black.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:32 AM

ORIGINAL: twindaddy66

Use both! Black for the lowers since it doesn't show wear and tear as much, and blue for the uppers because they are more visible...IMO.

John
+2
Old 08-19-2008, 11:36 AM

I think the black looks good. Just FYI, the Stampede doesn't use upper and lower A-arms.
Old 08-19-2008, 03:05 PM

Black FTW. I wish that they made white in everything so you could have the option of dyeing it.
Old 08-19-2008, 03:45 PM

ORIGINAL: Always Dreamin

I think the black looks good. Just FYI, the Stampede doesn't use upper and lower A-arms.
I lernt somethin new...! (not much exposure to Stampedes)

John
Old 08-19-2008, 05:24 PM
My Feedback: (8)

Blue looks awsome....Thats what I have
Old 08-19-2008, 07:08 PM

Blue, it just looks aftermarket and not some black that looks just like stock. And it costs just as much as black so your not losing anything there.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:53 PM

IMO black looks pretty cool. Plus, it goes with more, doesn't show as much damage, goes with just about everything that's on the truck stock, just as good, looks more like a "sleeper"

Old 08-19-2008, 10:39 PM

i got black arms for the front of my 18T and they look stock, i have blue shock towers because they were all that tower had in stock, if i had a choice, i don't know, i think i would stick with black, it looks "stock", costs the same... hides scratches..... just my take
Old 08-19-2008, 10:55 PM

to me black seems to show every nick and dirt. You can see a speck of dirt on black rpm. Its just to easy and it makes the truck look dirty. I like an all black body and wing with blue rpm.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:35 AM

I converted to all blue RPM. Thought I'd mix it up. It does look good, but I have to disagree, fuse. IMO, the black looks much better when it's dirty. That picture didn't do the black RPM much justice, but from what I've seen, black doesn't show as much. That's not to say that the blue doesn't look cool.

I will be posting a thread with some new pictures I took, and my little project... [8D]
Old 08-20-2008, 12:45 AM

I converted to all blue RPM. Thought I'd mix it up. It does look good, but I have to disagree, fuse. IMO, the black looks much better when it's dirty. That picture didn't do the black RPM much justice, but from what I've seen, black doesn't show as much. That's not to say that the blue doesn't look cool.

I will be posting a thread with some new pictures I took, and my little project... [8D]
haha, i agree, on my bigger car when it gets dusty.... it looks "cool' with the dirt... hey, makes it easier to tell when its TRUELY clean and when the color is "hiding" it , hey, its all personal choice is what it boils down to, i like my stuff to be a "neutral' color since it works with almost everything out there
Old 08-20-2008, 01:03 AM

ORIGINAL: calvino

haha, i agree, on my bigger car when it gets dusty.... it looks "cool' with the dirt... hey, makes it easier to tell when its TRUELY clean and when the color is "hiding" it , hey, its all personal choice is what it boils down to, i like my stuff to be a "neutral' color since it works with almost everything out there
Oh yeah, this wasn't supposed to get personal...

I'm good with either one, just wanted to see what the favorite was. [8D]