Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Vintage Wild Willy MSC!?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 02:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vintage Wild Willy MSC!?

Ok guys, I have an vintage ww1 and I'm just about done with the whole thing (going to put in a new 540 motor in it) and now i have a problem with the MSC, I am going to keep the MSC because I really don't know what kind of ESC I could use for something so Old (and plus there is a certain power switch that has to wires that need to go to the reciever) and I just don't want to deal with the head ache of switching it over. Ok well I thought I had everything figured out but when i put power to the MSC with my 3600mAh WolfPack 7.2v (I'm going to get a Hump Made by Interstate Batteries) it started smoking like crazy so I disconnected the battery but it was to late the battery was trashed (30$ down the tube unless i can get it fixed for cheap) and I found out that i taped the Negative and Positive wires (that you plug the battery into) together instead of seperately, Ok Well fixed that then I Soldered the Green Wire back to the MSC I plugged a good battery into the MSC but now when the MSC moves nothing happens to the Motor (only the servos work) I don't know what the problem is please help. I really want this fun car to run!
Old 08-23-2008, 05:09 PM

Default RE: Vintage Wild Willy MSC!?

save yourself the hassle.
get an ESC.
the wild willy is twin motor?
maby get an E-maxx ESC.

i remember when i changed out my MSC on my vintage royal crusher to a boat ESC.
the performance and runtime increase was phonominal!! just get an ESC

shaun
Old 08-23-2008, 05:44 PM

I would very much like to do that but there are TWO SEPERATE WIRE CONNECTIONS that need to either be plugged into the reciever or a AA battery pack. And I know ESC's come with switches attached to them so I figured that rules all hope of using a ESC. Please help
Old 08-24-2008, 03:38 PM

First, check to make sure the Motor is plugged in. ( I am sure it is....and I doubt I need to tell you. LOL ) If it is, make sure the battery is charged (again I think you know this stuff), and if it is then take you MSC apart, and make sure there is no corrosion on the MSC plate. If not, put the silver can back in to see if it works, and if it does, then you fried your motor......which I doubt you did, be cause I have plugged my motor in backward, and it was fine. it is nonce of those, make sure that all the wire are good, and don't have any breaks in them.

Hope I helped
Warheadforever.
Old 08-24-2008, 04:18 PM

that seperate wire connection thing...
i think that sounds like your reciver has BEC.
that dosent matter.

just to be sure can you post a pic of your reciver, or even a drawing on paint?

i think you still have a hope of getting an ESC
shaun
Old 08-24-2008, 04:34 PM
My Feedback: (10)

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

if you change to an esc, the only thing (electric) on the car that you will keep is the motor and the steering servo. The servo to msc, the msc, any switches, the receiver battery box, and the resistor heatsink if you have one, will all go.