Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Slash 4X4 or Rustler VXL??? Help Me Decide.

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 08:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slash 4X4 or Rustler VXL??? Help Me Decide.

I'm thinking about getting a Traxxas Slash 4X4 but I'm concerned it will tip over easily when turning. It looks like it's not as wide as other vehicles and might tip easier than a wider truck. I'm not going to be racing, only using it on grass, street, dirt, and will be jumping from a small ramp. I'm also considering the Traxxas Rustler VXL, but it's only 2WD. Will this truck get stuck a lot in the grass or on curbs?. Can anybody with experience help me decide which one to get? Eventually I'd like to put a Lipo pack in the truck. I'm looking for something fun, easy to use, not much maintenance, and will not break easily. I'd like to get the communities input before spending a few hundred dollars. Thanks!
Old 05-28-2010, 09:53 PM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Slash 4X4 or Rustler VXL??? Help Me Decide.

Go with the Slash....

Here is a pic with the Slash next to an E-Maxx

Old 05-29-2010, 09:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have a slash 4x4 (I'm racing it) and I have a NITRO rustler. The sizes in comparison are pretty much the same. the slash has a little long wheel base.. about an inch. I like both but wish the rustler had 4x4.

The slash with the supplied 18t pinion on stock 3000 mah is pretty quick. A lipo will most likely give you everything you are looking for out of it. As for tipping over on corners.... Like I said, I am racing mine and hitting corners with some speed, I haven't rolled it over yet. On dirt it slides nicely across the ground. I would say that if you have ever watched a SC truck on tv, you can expect exactly what you see from the 1:1 scale. I would go with the slash mostly because of the 4x4.

KID EVIL!
Old 05-29-2010, 10:17 AM

Thanks. I'm leaning toward the Slash because it's 4X4.
Old 05-29-2010, 11:05 AM
My Feedback: (1)

on asphault you'll be flipping at high speed sharp turns. at least I do all the time with my 2wd slash. You have to change the shock geometry a little to help (outside holes). you can get street tires too, and remove the shock preloads.