Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

do i have a chance?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default do i have a chance?

so ive got a slash 4x4 and my friend has an e revo, both of which are stock and run on 7 cells (14 cells for the e revo), the only upgrade either of us have is that the 4x4 has rpm arms in the rear and proline trencher tires mounted on beadlock split six rims on the front with the closed cell inserts, soon to be all around, and the e revo will have a 775 with e maxx tires, so my question is does the 4x4 have a shot against the e revo on the following track given equal skill levels?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSeSKHn4xKI
Old 05-31-2010, 04:18 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: do i have a chance?

First thing that comes to mind is that track is rough and better suited to the Revo but then I think of the 775 and Maxx tires and I have to say that my vote goes to the Slash 4x4. The stock Maxx tires are pretty bad and I'm thinking a 4x4 slash even with stock tires should be able to run away from it.
Old 05-31-2010, 05:58 PM

does 6 cells in the 4x4 change your mind? it would be a stock 7 cell and a promatch 7 cell 4600 unmatched pack
Old 05-31-2010, 11:06 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

No.. I think the Slash 4x4 will be the faster truck given the setup that is on the revo. Now if the revo had better tires then the tables might be turned but as it sits I think the Slash would be the better truck assuming the same driving skills.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:40 PM

Same driving skills, my nod goes to the E-Revo. Small jumps placed close together on a rough track is going to better suit the Erevo. But you might get him slightly on the turns, so it may be close, but I'm going to say in a race, the Slash 4x4 is going to lose. Ugh, I'm dizzy now though, thanks! lol
Old 06-01-2010, 02:24 PM

any suggestions you would make to get the slash going faster to edge out the e revo?
Old 06-01-2010, 02:54 PM

Lipo and practice would give you an edge along with a set up fit to the conditions to your track.